Monday, January 21, 2013

Yes...more Random...

Lately, I have been mostly using my cell phone for pictures, because it is the most easiest accessible camera I have.  But since I don't download them very often and since I have been constantly behind on blogging right now, the pictures I get become random and are from a spread of several weeks!  But none the less, I love the pictures and want to share them.  The first one is from our snowy day that I took before the kids went outside to play.  
 This I took a few days ago.  Alivia wanted to go outside and took it upon herself to get her coat on.  She just didn't quite get the coat on the right way! What a silly girl!
 Again, more pictures from our snow day!
 It has been below zero at night, but I took this snap shot of my phone when it was 2 degrees outside at 7:40 AM.  Crazy Cold!!!!
 I ordered new lights for my lighting kit, not only because I wanted brighter lights, but because Nick broke one of the bulbs when he was helping me take it down at Natalie's house.  So this is what showed up in the mail the other day.  It is hard to tell even how big the bulbs are in this picture, but they are HUGE!  And bright!  I am excited!
 Every year we get the worst ice built up on our front porch due to a poor design of the roof above it.  This year we had a big block of ice form on our christmas lights and on Saturday, Nick decided to just cut the lights, meaning I will be in the market for new Christmas lights next year.  Great!  We have also run out of ice salt and many people, including Carson, Kaylee, and my brother Matt have all taken their turn falling on their butts!  Sorry!  I promise as soon as we can find a store that has some salt in stock, we will buy some!
 Since today is Human Rights day, Nick and Carson are ice fishing today.  They have done this the past 3 or 4 years now and is a big tradition for them!  Carson has been so excited for this day and was so excited to go and buy treats for their trip over the weekend.  I didn't notice this until yesterday after they left, but he had it all planned out that they would go get treats at 7:30 PM on Saturday.  Which is what they did!  What a cute kid!
We have been looking for new couches for our living room for a few months now.  I sold our red couches and chairs to Kaylee's preschool teacher Trisha.  It worked out great.  I had gone to Zurchers on 21st south in SLC to get some party stuff for Kaylee's upcoming birthday party and next door was a furniture discount place.  It is actually the same owners that used to own Furniture Wharehouse on 'Road Redwood'.  I immediately spotted these couches and fell in love.  I got home and showed Nick the pictures and we got them ordered and they were able to deliver them that day!  I was going to do a couch and chairs again, but I like the sofa and love seat and it makes it easy so I don't have to match chairs now!  Love it!  Now we just need to do some painting, base board updating, and possibly new curtains and I think it will look great!


No comments: