Monday, January 21, 2013

Oops...I did it again!

Yep, I did it again!  I have signed up to run another Half Marathon!  I am so excited!  I have wanted to do another one, but after I had Alivia I focused more on Cycling and did a few triathlons and didn't log in enough running miles to do a Half and then I got pregnant.  Even though I was in shape when I got pregnant, I had many physical issues that made it impossible to work out or even walk most of the time!  But now that I am a few months out from having Preston, and I been working out daily for the past 10 weeks, minus a few days from my ear surgery, I am ready to get back into Half Marathon Training mode!  I have been running on my treadmill (which I totally do not enjoy, but it is too cold and the air is too unhealthy to run outside right now!).  I only have 6 more lbs to lose to be at my pre-pregnancy weight, and I think this will help me get the last of those stubborn lbs that are just SO hard to lose!  So I decided to do the Drop 13 Half Marathon that goes down Big Cottonwood Canyon.  It is mostly down hill, which I think is fun!  It is on June 8th, so if I do my 15 week training, I will start towards the end of February, but I think I will actually start sooner if the weather allows me to start running outside.  I am so excited for it!  I think most of the fun of doing a race like this is the actual training itself.  Call me crazy, but the last time I did this, I really learned to enjoy running.  That isn't to say there weren't days that I would absolutely dread doing my run that day, but whenever I was done, I felt like a rock star!  And....not only did I register for the Half Marathon, but two weeks after that I will be running the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay with my Brother Chris, an aunt, two cousins, and other runners from extended family.  I cannot wait!  I have wanted to run this race for years!    

 I was so happy when Chris said he would run it too!  I know it will be a blast.  And hopefully with training for my Half, it will make the Ragnar not too hard or totally kill me!  I will be running leg #8, which is a total of 15.9 miles.  I will run it in three separate runs, along with the rest of the team of 12 to total 192 miles.  Running from Logan to Park City.  Sounds crazy, I know, but I also think it will be amazing!  I am so glad that Nick is supportive of me and is willing to let me spend the moola to do this and help me make sure I get the time every day to run.  I won't be able to do this without him!  I am also looking into doing the MS Bicycle Tour with Matt the week after Ragnar as well.  So I better make sure I am ready to do all of this...since JUNE is going to be a busy race month for me!  So check back in June to find out if I succeeded in these goals...or if I died trying. Haha!

No comments: