It seems like lately we have been going to so many doctor appointments! If it isn't the pediatrician or ear doctor, it is the dentist or endodentist. Ugh!!! Good thing we have insurance. Kaylee has had fluid in her right ear drum for at least a month if not longer. We have had her checked out by Dr. Reese and Dr. Skedros, and they just tell us to wait it out and hope it clears up. That is good news that it isn't an infection, but at $30 a pop, those specialist copays really add up fast! During December, we had weekly visits to Dr. Reese it seemed. Carson had to go in twice to get a wart taken off his hand. I thought both girls had an ear infection, and Kaylee had a weird rash on her bum. Then of course add on top of that all of my ear surgery stuff! Then in January we had our 6 month dental check ups with Dr. Adrian. Dad and Kaylee did great. Carson and I on the other hand...not so great. Carson had 3 cavities that needed to be filled and I ended up getting referred to an Endodontist to get a root canal. Double Ugh! So $233 for Carson and $204 for my root canal (That doesn't include the pricey crown I get to pay for next month either). I am listing prices, because some day when my grandkids read this blog book, they might think that wasn't a lot of money for these services, even though I think they are!). And that is WITH insurance. I guess our medical insurance makes up for our crappy dental insurance. This picture is of Carson getting his cavities filled on Tues, Jan 22nd. They didn't have school for a teacher prep day, so it worked great to have it done so he wouldn't miss school. I was so nervous for him to have to get numbed and worked on, but he was a stud! He was so good and held still and didn't complain one peep the whole time. He even stood up and said "Yay" when he got done. It was so funny! He is a cutie! I think I was more nervous for him that he was!
On Wednesday that week, Kaylee was still complaining about her ear, so I was able to get her into see Dr. Skedros again....but it was still just fluid in her ear. But the hard thing about that visit, was that I still had Mayci and Cooper with me. So I took ALL of the kids with me...in the yucky snow...loaded them in van and out and in and out...dragged them all to the 2nd floor...and we all survived. Whew! They actually were all very well behaved and didn't cause too big of a scene while we were there!On Thursday, Kaylee had gotten into trouble for trying to write on the piano with pencil. I don't even know why she thought that was a good idea. I was so frustrated with her that I put her in time out for not just 4 minutes...but a whole hour. I guess that was a little too long...because this is how I found her about a half hour into it. But I think she learned her lesson.
This I just want to throw in there because he is so cute! He is starting to like sitting in his bumbo. He still is a little young for it, but he is getting stronger every day!




No comments:
Post a Comment