Thursday, January 24, 2013

4th Annual Ice Fishing Day

It is an annual tradition for Nick to take Carson ice fishing on Human Rights Day.  This year was no different.  They took off after church on Sunday and headed down to Holden.  They stayed the night and then headed out with Papa to Otter Creek, which is about 2 hours Southeast of Holden.  It was pretty cold that morning in Holden, and for a while they questioned whether or not it was too cold to go, but they figured they could tough it out.  When they got there, the sun was shining and it was about 44 degrees there at the lake.  The ice was about 18" thick and so that wasn't an issue.  They said it was a BEAUTIFUL day!  The air was clean and clear and it was so warm, that they ended up taking off their coats and hung out in their sweatshirts while they fished.  I was glad to hear that it was such a nice day since I was so worried about them being too cold.  They have learned from years past to lather on the sun screen so they don't fry their faces, so that was good too!  Especially with it being so sunny that day.  They brought home 6 fish and Carson said he had a blast.  They would have taken Kaylee with them, but since we had Mayci here, she decided to stay and play with her.  I was so glad to see them when they got home and to see the pictures they promised they would take for me.  Even though they were gone just over a day, I swear Carson grew taller.  He just has become such a big kid!!!  I love him!!  Here are some pictures of the fun they had fishing!











No comments: