Thursday, September 6, 2012

Window Tint

On Tuesday, we had a company come and install some window tint on our west facing windows.  Our goal is to help reduce how much heat comes in the house in the afternoon, and hopefully help lower our AC bill and keep the furniture from fading.  Carson was a little sad that he was going to be at school when they came, so I promised to take pictures.  I even took some video of them putting the tint on so that Carson could watch it when he got home, which he did and was very excited about it, silly kid!  They got it done pretty fast and I was pleased with how it turned out.  You can't tell from the outside that they are tinted unless you are looking for it, and the inside is still pretty bright.  I was a bit worried it would feel like a dungeon on the inside and a blinged out house on the outside, but I think the tint color we went with is perfect!  We are super happy with it!  Here are a few pictures of the process.  It was a good excuse to vacuum out the window seals and dust the ledges and spiderwebs.  So really we got more than just tint out of this, but a good cleaning too!




No comments: