Tuesday marked the FIRST day of school for Carson. This year the district decided to not start school until AFTER Labor Day. Carson got up early to make sure he was all ready to go and so that he would have time to eat waffles, which was his breakfast request for that morning. He told me this year, he wants to eat a big breakfast and not just a granola bar and chocolate milk. We will see how long that lasts! I drove him to school but he insisted I didn't need to walk him to his class and that I could just drop him off in front. I did insist on taking his picture in front of the school before I left. I guess he is big enough and knows his way around the school well enough for that now that he is in 2nd grade! He has Mrs. Sadler this year and his class is in a portable, which he thinks is awesome. He also only has 19 kids in his class, which is quite smaller than last year, so I am pleased with that! Right before we left for school the school had called with a mass message to let us know it was early out, which was good since we didn't know that. So at 1:25 I went and picked him up and he was excited to tell me all about his first day. They learned about watermelons and did a few experiments with them. He also said that his lunch was good (School lunch) and that he had a good day and tried to learn a few of the kids' names in his class he didn't know. I can't wait to go to back to school night on Thursday to meet his teacher. I have yet to meet her, but so far Carson seems to like her, so that is always a plus!
Kaylee started her first day of this preschool year today. She goes on Mondays and Wednesdays for 3 hours. She had a great first day as well and was excited to tell me about the new friends she met today. I think about half of the class is the same as it was last year, but there are a few new kids this year as well. She is going to Learning Lodge Preschool again with Miss Trish. This will be her third year of preschool, but she doesn't mind one bit! She loves it! This year they got really cute bags to take to school every day. I am so glad that my kids like going to school so much and that they aren't shy and love to make new friends. It sure makes it easy on me!
Of course, I took quite a few pictures of them before school. I was glad they were happy to cooperate! Here is to a good school year!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment