Thursday, September 6, 2012
I didn't think it could get worse....
So a few nights ago, I posted on FB at 4 AM how miserable I was feeling and how I couldn't sleep due to some pregnancy symptoms. For example, heartburn, being hungry in the middle of the night, needing to pee about 4 times a night, being thirsty (which leads to more peeing!), not getting comfortable and trying out a million positions with pillows between legs and anything else to get comfortable, and being too hot. I just couldn't sleep. Well, I didn't think it could get any worse....and then it did last night. With school starting we pushed the kids' bedtime back to 8 PM again like last year, and the past few nights have been a breeze and they have all done great to go to bed and sleep. Last night, for some reason, Kaylee came up about 30 minutes after going to bed and said she wasn't tired and wanted to 'relax' with us (yes that was her wording). Nick was pretty much already asleep and I was just watching TV in bed. (this is about 8:45). So I said fine and let her sit by me. One minute later, Alivia starting fussing and I could tell by her cry she wasn't going to go back to sleep. So I figured I would let her chill with us for a few minutes and then put both girls back to bed. Well, after several attempts we finally got the girls back into bed about 9:30. They were just both on one and just didn't want to sleep. I finally went to bed a little after 10. At 11:30, I hear a noise and realize it is a child at our bedroom door. So I wake up and get out of bed to go find Kaylee standing in the hallway half asleep and mumbling and whining about something. I went to go hug her and immediately realized what had happened. She had peed her pants. Ugh!!! I'm thinking, great, now I have to change her AND her sheets. So I take her into my bathroom and get her a bath started and get her undressed and then proceeds downstairs to asses the mess. Luckily and mysteriously there is no wet spot on her bed, so I figured she must have done it standing up on the way to the bathroom or something...who knows. But it saved me from having to totally remake her bed (and doing a huge batch of laundry to wash her sheet and mattress cover the next day!). I go back upstairs to check on Kaylee in the tub. Nick had finally gotten out of bed and was in the bathroom with her, but after talking with him today, he doesn't remember any of it and was probably still half asleep during all of this commotion. He went back to bed and I finished getting Kaylee washed and back into new PJ's. Okay....so I put her back to bed and headed back to bed myself but of course, I couldn't get comfortable and had a hard time going back to sleep. But I finally did and then was woken up around 2 to Alivia crying. I could tell her door was open, which isn't normally the case during the night, so I reached over to see if Nick was still in bed and he wasn't. Was I really so tired and finally was in a deep sleep where I didn't hear Alivia crying but Nick did? Okay. I figured I would go back to sleep, but after a few minutes of realizing Alivia wasn't calming down, I went out to see if I could help and get her to calm down. (Of course, realize with every time I got out of bed I had to pee first!). I went out and was in the middle of changing her diaper when Carson came up the stairs, after probably being woken up by Alivia crying. Nick got him back to bed and then went back to bed himself. Alivia was just wanting snuggles, so I rocked her for a bit and then decided I was hungry and figured that maybe she was hungry too. So I poured us a bowl of Capn' Crunch and we shared that and drank some water before I was able to put her back to bed. I also gave her tylenol, since she is getting her k9 teeth in and I was sure that is what was bothering her the most last night. She went back to sleep just fine and I also headed back to sleep. I was somewhat asleep when about 3, Carson came up and was complaining that his legs hurt. (He gets growing pains now and then and they are the worst at night). So we got the hot pad out and I went downstairs and got him back into bed with the hot pad on his legs. I went back up to sleep and within 20 min he was back in our room asking if it was time for Nick to go to work so he could sleep with me. He climbed into bed since Nick was only a few minutes from getting up to go to work. After laying there for 15 minutes, I just couldn't go to sleep. My nose was dried out from the fan running, so I turned it off, but I was still hot so I got up and turned down the temperature even lower to make up from turning off the fan and took some tylenol to see if that would help me feel better. I just have aches and pains and stiffness during the night, which makes it super hard to sleep. Finally....I think I fell asleep. I heard Alivia fussing through out the night, but she would quiet down and then fuss again like an hour later. I finally woke up to my alarm at 7:15, but I was NOT wanting to get up. This is when I was thinking I was wishing it was still summer so I could just snooze through the alarm. But I couldn't. Carson needed to be up so he could eat, get ready, practice his piano and get off to school....AND I needed to pack him a lunch since he didn't want the school lunch today. Then I heard Alivia fuss and realized it was pointless to stay in bed any longer. Ugh! So that is where my day started and I am really hoping that sometime today I can sneak in a nap while Alivia is napping. I found where Kaylee had her accident, there was a little wet spot just next to her bed, so she probably got out of bed to go potty and just didn't make it. So I had to clean that up this morning, but at least I found it so it won't smell in her room. It's one thing to deal with pregnancy issues while trying to sleep, but to add all the extra children issues on top of that just doesn't seem fair. But I guess that is what being a parent is all about and I have to realize that every night is not like this. Seriously, 95% of the time, all of our kids go to bed SO easily and sleep ALL night. So this was just an off night for all of them. And I guess it was good they all had the off night together....right? At any rate, I am hoping that the next three weeks goes smoother, because I know after the baby is here it isn't going to be any easier. So I better enjoy my nights now...regardless of what happens and how much toilet paper I go through. I am going to go make something chocolate now and eat the whole thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment