This week has been such NICE weather! On Monday, Carson rode his bike to school, and probably will from now on unless it is raining. Nick came home early from work Monday so I could go to a dentist appointment for a tooth that is bothering me. I swear when I am pregnant my teeth just fall apart! My dentist recommended I go see a specialist to get a root canal....so I get to go tomorrow for another dentist appt and possible root canal. But since he was home from work early, we got some yard stuff done and I went to Lowes and bought wallpaper and chair rail to put in our TV room. (See picture below). That was our FHE project that night. We even got to say hi to Gpa Brower for a bit that night as he was heading home from being in California working. On Tuesday, Carson celebrated his summer birthday at school. He took Twinkies for his treat and he took a poster to show his class. We were going to make a traditional poster with just glued on pictures and stuff...but then as he told me what he wanted I realized it could be easier to just make it in Photoshop and then send it to costco to print a big poster. So with his help and his vision for what he wanted we came up with the perfect poster to tell his class all about him.
The whole concept of using his name to describe himself with each letter was all Carson. Then all the pictures of the things he likes to do was also his idea. I was happy with how it turned out. And since it was all printed like a poster it looked really nice and professional. He came home and said it was a super fun day. He asked if we could go to Texas Road House this weekend for his Birthday so he would get to ride on the saddle, and I had to explain to him that it wasn't really his Birthday, even though they celebrated it at school....he has to wait until JULY to go to the Roadhouse and sit on the saddle. It made me laugh! The past few days has been fun with the girls. We have had a lot of time to just play and hang out. Alivia has really gotten such a funny personality and LOVES to be outside.
Kaylee has been learning about animals the past few school days and they actually did a field trip to the zoo today, but I just wasn't up to taking both girls by myself to the zoo. I just knew I wouldn't do well afterwards since I get tired so easily being pregnant. So we promised her we would go as a family when Dad and Carson could go and when they open the new polar bear exhibit next month. Tuesday after school, the girls went outside and played in the water and enjoyed the beautiful weather!
That afternoon Nick finished putting up the trim on the wallpaper he had hung Monday Night. We like how it turned out. What is great about it, is that if we want to, we can paint it any color! So I think we will try it white for awhile and think about maybe painting it a different color. You can't tell in this picture, but it is a textured tile pattern wall paper. It is fun!
Today, we also had fun in the sun and I took the two girls to the park for lunch and for some play time. We had fun!
When we got home, Kaylee got to go to a friends house and play in the water. I can just tell how much fun we are going to have this summer enjoying the sunny days ahead! After dinner tonight, I took Kaylee up to Kaysville to the Performance Academy studio for a recording session. They do one before their recitals and performances and they use those recordings during their shows. It is really cool! It has been a long day and tomorrow will be just as long I think, especially if I do end up having a root canal. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment