Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day! :)

On Sunday, I woke up six AM to a wonderful breakfast in bed made by Carson.  All by himself!!!  He poured me a bowl of Raisin Bran!  It was so cute!!!  He brought it to me so I could eat it in bed and everything!!!  It was all totally his idea and his doing!  He really is the sweetest boy!  He also gave me a card, a plant that he planted at school (and kept in his bag since Friday, so we made sure to get it watered right away), and a cute lady bug pin made out of clay that I wore with my sweater that day.  He spoiled me good!  Kaylee then woke up and brought in her card she had made me too.  We went to church and we enjoyed listening to dad give his talk and then the older kids got up and sang three mothers day songs.  They did great singing and smiling!  After church we made some brownies that we would take to Gma Joy's house and also some delicious chocolate covered strawberries.  Yum!  We headed to Gma's house around 2:30 and on our way there, around the 650 North Exit in Roy we watched a lady in a car run off the road and into the wire fencing in the median.  It was crazy!!!  At first I thought she was just pulling off because maybe she had a flat, then she kept going and I thought maybe she fell asleep.  Who knows what happened or why she did that, but I also think there was a possibility that she was texting.  We were right behind her (other than a truck she cut off when she moved from the middle lane to the left lane).  So we stopped and pulled off the road, and backed up to see if she was okay and I called the Highway Patrol.  Nick went and made sure she was ok.  I guess she is an 18 year old HS senior that just lived close by.  She didn't tell Nick why she ran off the road (which is why I think she was texting).  We made sure she was okay until the police got there, which took at least 10 minutes.  We finally got back on our way to my moms house and enjoyed a wonderful day!  When we got there we had her open the present we made her.  An oven mitt that had the three kids' handprints on them with "Helping Hands" written on the bottom.  Then we got to skype with Elder Brower for over an hour!  He is doing great and we are all excited to see him in about 5 weeks!



Then we had some yummy pork and rice dinner.  And some great sides including watermelon, that Matt managed to dump all over the floor! Haha!!  We all enjoyed the chocolate strawberries, especially the little kids who I think got more chocolate on themselves then in their mouth!





The weather was perfect that day and we enjoyed just hanging out and being with our family.  I feel like such a lucky mom to have such great kids and sometimes get overwhelmed when I think about having another one!  It was a great way to spend Mother's day!




Before we headed back home, Nick helped Matt move a heavy safe from Nat's gma's house in Tremonton.  She has a beautiful back yard with a fun pond and swing.  We played there for a few minutes before heading home.  The kids loved it!  I could have stayed for hours enjoying the beautiful evening and views there!


Again, it was a great day and I felt so loved from my kids that day.  They even said I could lick the brownie batter bowl all by myself since it was Mother's day, but I did share with Kaylee. :)  Not only am I thankful for my wonderful kids who make me so happy, but also for my own mom and for all that she taught me.  I am also grateful for my mother in law, sisters, and friends who are moms and for all that I learn from them.  I don't know I would do what I do without them.  I am always asking for help, advice, or just calling them to vent when I am having a hard day, because I know they will understand....they are a mom too!  So I hope they all enjoyed a wonderful Mother's day too!

No comments: