Sunday, December 20, 2020

Best day of our Lives!

Tuesday was our last full day in Florida.  We started the day with some time at the beach flying Preston's new kite and dipping our toes in the water.  After lunch, we headed about 30 minutes away to do an airboat tour.  It was one of the best parts of our trip!  



Before our tour started, we had a few minutes to wander around the store.  They had a real live pig that hangs out around the store....he was sleeping when we were there.  It was quite comical to see.  They also had birds that talked and we got to also hold them!  



We loaded the airboat with one other couple and a couple of guys.  Our captain was really funny and we were able to wear headphones so we could hear him explain about everything we were seeing.  Our tour was just over an hour and we saw SO many alligators.  We also went into the most serene part of the river that was like a scene out of the Notebook.  I was just in awe seeing the beauty that I was seeing.  It was almost a spiritual experience.  I was so happy we had everyone in our family there to experience it.  I was thrilled that we were able to do something like this.  We didn't even book it until we got into town, and with the storm I was worried we would even been able go.  But the storm went away and it was the most perfect weather that afternoon.  It was absolutely perfect!  

















The perfect way to end our boat tour came when we were all able to hold an alligator!!  It was the coolest thing ever, and made it one of the best days of our lives!  






 

No comments: