We had a busy week last week. It was decided that since it was only going to be in the 80's that we would go ahead and do a new roof on my parents house. So Nick took Monday off of work and started taking off the old shingles. There were at least two layers. Carson helped him and they worked all day and took a load to the dump that afternoon right before they closed. While they did that, I headed to the new house to meet some people about shutters for the house. We ended up getting 4 quotes. I couldn't believe the price difference between them. I had costco price them, and using Budget Blinds, I was surprised to see they were the most expensive at almost 70% more than lowest quote. It was fun to see the progress on the house. They were working on the trim and doors.
Carson and I spent Tuesday taking off the second layer of shingles. It was so much work and we didn't work very fast, but we did make progress. Nick and Gpa got home later that night and helped us finish.
On Wednesday, Marisa and her kids made it to town in time for dinner and brought pizza with them. We had a fun sleepover with the cousins that night. They were in town for Madison's soccer tournament in Logan.
On Thursday, the shingles were delivered. I made sure to take video and pictures for Carson since they were a play practice when they came. It was a long week getting the roof ready for new shingles and the men worked really long days at their normal jobs then came home every night and worked late on the roof. It didn't help that it rained while the shingles were off and even with tarps, it still leaked in the house from the lights. It was a mess!!!! And even more reason to get it done fast!













No comments:
Post a Comment