On our way home last Wednesday, from celebrating Carson's birthday, we stopped at the house all excited to see what had been done the past 3 days since we saw it last. The painting was all done and I loved it! And they also dropped off the cabinets to be installed. There was just one problem. They were the wrong ones! We originally ordered the dark walnut colored cabinets, but after stewing about having too dark of a kitchen, we paid a change fee and changed the perimeter cabinets to cream, which costed about $3000 more. But I was happy with our decision and have been the most excited to see how the kitchen would turn out. So I was so shocked to see the dark cabinets there. I immediately texted Jake Nilson (our PM) and he said he would look into it the next morning. I knew it was something on their end that messed this up and sure enough it was. The girl who had us sign the paper to change it didn't do anything with the paper once we signed it. So nothing ever got changed! I was a little ticked of course and we had to decide what to do. It wasn't going to be a simple as just having them make the change. Waiting for the cabinets to be cream would have put us back at least 4 weeks. That would be 4 weeks of driving to PV for school from Tremonton every day. That is 4 weeks of having our loan rate expire. That is 4 weeks more of living with my parents (who we love and that wouldn't have been a huge deal, but still!). Obviously, I picked these out to begin with, so we liked the cabinets, but I was so worried about a dark kitchen. We do have light granite countertops and will do a light backsplash eventually, but the floor had me concerned. So...they let us change our floor to a light grey color instead of the dark we had originally picked out. We felt good about it and they didn't charge us for the change and the flooring change wouldn't hold us back at all. Also, they never sent the addendum to the bank, so we haven't been calculating that extra $3000 into our loan amount or payment. So overall it was easier, quicker, and cheaper to keep the dark cabinets. I think it will still look nice, but I am still a little heart broken that I don't have cream cabinets. Nick is happy about it since he liked the dark to begin with! I figure in 10 years if I don't like it, I can always redo my kitchen! Right?? Here are some pictures of what they look like. The last picture doesn't show the cabinets that go above the sink and stove. But They look great and I will post more pictures with them soon!
We are pleased with the paint though! It is just a two tone, so it is different enough to not be totally white on the walls, but white enough for it to stay on the ceilings when we do paint with more color on the walls. It will work great!Oh, and we got garage doors last week too!! They still have some painting to fix, stucco to paint, and rock to put on. But hopefully soon it will happen!
Friday, we went to a funeral for a dear brother in our old ward, Brother Craig Lavender. Him and his wife, Marilyn, were serving a mission from home and were just the sweetest people. It was a wonderful service and it was so fun seeing people from our old ward. It felt like we were home again. We then ran some errands afterwards and headed to the house to check it out. While we were there, we were invited to go out with our new friends/neighbors, Dan & Brittany. So we left the two little ones with their kids (they have an older daughter who is a great babysitter and Carson & Kaylee were home with Grandma) and we had dinner at Javier's and had the most wonderful time. It makes us excited for the new friends and adventures that await us. Saturday day, I drove down to Woods Cross to take Kaylee to her friend, Makenna's birthday party at 10. While she was there, Dawn and I did a 5 mile run on Legacy. It was SO hot! Nick didn't have to work, so he stayed home with the other kids and worked on the 4 wheelers and helped my mom with a few projects. That evening Nick went to a Van Halen concert with his friend Paul, and we had dinner with the missionaries. It was a lot of fun and we had a nice evening visiting with them. It was a great week!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment