Sunday, April 5, 2015

A start to our Spring Break!

We had our spring break this past week.  We skipped piano lessons for Carson and Kaylee, but I still taught 4 of my students on Monday and Tuesday.  For dinner Monday, we kept it simple with waffles!  We still had Gma Karen's double waffle iron so it made it super fast to make waffles.  They were delicious!  On Tuesday, we decided we needed a date night before we spent all weekend with the kids, so we headed to Layton and enjoyed Olive Garden for dinner and a movie at the AMC theaters.  The best part was that we had a gift card for both dinner and the movie!  I had never been to that theater before so I was surprised when I saw these big recliner chairs.  It was the most comfortable theater I have ever been to in my life.  We both took off our shoes and enjoyed the show, "Insurgent".  



 Wednesday, we spent the day doing laundry and getting packed to go to Holden.  We watched Dawn's kids that morning while she went on her run (she is training for a half marathon).  Kaylee held Ryan (almost 10 months) the whole time and at one point even got him to sleep.  It was so cute!
It wasn't the most exciting way to spend the first days of spring break, but the kids had a blast playing with friends and just enjoying the warm weather.  But we made up for it with our fun weeknd.

No comments: