Sunday, June 2, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

We made it back from Holden Sunday night, specifically so we could participate in the Woods Cross City Memorial Day Celebration.  It started with a 5k Run that morning at 7.  I took Carson and Kaylee with me.  I ran, and they rode their bikes.  We got there just as they started the race, so we got a little bit of a delayed start and I was about .08 miles short of the 5K, but it was still fun.  I had my fastest time yet for that distance.  I ran 3.02 miles in 25:13.  I was happy with that.  The kids had fun riding their bikes and rode through every water puddle they could find, which resulted in very muddy backs.



After the race, we went home and got dad and the babies.  We headed back to the park for a breakfast.  It was yummy!  And if you participated in the race it was free, and $1 for anyone else.  It was a LONG line, but eventually we got our plates and enjoyed some breakfast!



 Then we enjoyed listening to the pipe band play and Aliva couldn't help but dance while she listened to them.  It was so cute!




I headed back home to put Preston down for a nap and to teach one piano lesson.  So Nick and the kids stayed at the park a bit longer to play and check out the life flight helicopter that was there.



 We spent the rest of the day cleaning out the trailer and doing laundry.  For dinner, Uncle Chris and his friend Kayla stopped by and ate with us.  We did grilled chicken, potato salad, chips, and watermelon. It was yummy!


Such a fun day!  I am so grateful for all the serviceman who have sacrificed for our country so we are all able to enjoy such a fun day like this!

No comments: