By Thursday night, it had been such an exhausting week. The first week of summer had been good but also made me a bit grouchy. I guess having the kids at home all day long was just too much for me. So I decided we need to get out of the house so no one was bored and we could eliminate all the big messes that get made when everyone is home all day long. So we went to the zoo on Friday. It was perfect weather, even a bit cool. And I guess everyone else had the same idea because when we got there at 11, it was packed!!! We parked on the street above the top parking lot and had to walk in that way. But we did make it in and it was such a super fun day at the zoo, even with all the people there. When we first go there we stopped to look at the Lego penguins which were cool. And the zoo worker sat and talked to us about them and the lamas that were just across the way. As we were there talking, the zoo keeper came to feed the Lamas and asked if there were any kids who wanted to help, so Kaylee and Carson both got to feed the Lamas some Romaine Lettuce. It was so cool!! That right there made the trip to the zoo totally worth it!
After the Lamas we checked out the tigers, giraffes, and found the BIG tortoise. Carson hadn't seen the tortoise yet and when Kaylee and I were at the zoo last time we thought it was pretty cool. By noon the kids and I were ready for lunch so we found a shady spot and had some jelly sandwiches for lunch.
Then we took off to see the elephants, polar bear, and rhinos.
Preston had a fun time too and was so excited to see the monkeys. They were pretty entertaining to all of us. It was the first time I had taken all four kids by myself to the zoo and it wasn't too bad. It made for a super fun day and was a lot better than trying to entertain all four kids at home. We may have to go weekly so that we don't go crazy just being at home all summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment