I woke up on Memorial day to a wonderful sweet boy offering me breakfast in bed...and it wasn't even mothers day! Carson had brought me in a bowl of Raisin Bran, but told me it was just a little bit since we still need to go have breakast and watch the program at the park. I just laughed! He is such a cute little boy! We got up and ready, and had to wait for the girls to wake up before we left for the WX City Memorial Day program and Breakfast they do every year. We got there a little after 8 and enjoyed a yummy breakfast. At only $1 a person, it is amazing! They do a 5K run before the program, which I have done in years past, and the runners get their breakfast for free! There was a great turn out, probably the most people I have seen there compared to years past. I think the beautiful sunny weather helped! While eating we enjoyed music from a pipe band!
After we ate, we walked around the park and saw the different things they had going on. They had a rock climbing wall, fish pond, and even the life flight helicopter came and landed in the field and let everyone come and take a look!
The kids also got to check out the fire engines and ambulance that were there on display.
It was a fantastic way to spend the morning! We got home and Nick and the kids got started right away digging in the dirt some more to get ready for concrete. I did some grocery shopping and got food ready for dinner that night. Just hamburgers, hotdogs, and yummy corn on the cob! The kids love corn!
Okay, so maybe the kids didn't do as much digging as they did riding and playing in the dirt that day! Nick made some good headway that day and I know he is excited to be done with this project. Overall, Memorial day was pretty fun, low key, but perfect since we got to spend it together as a family!

No comments:
Post a Comment