Sunday, June 3, 2012

Last Day of School....First day of Summer Break!

We had such a blast on Friday!  It was Carson's last day of First grade and the beginning of summer break!  Carson rode his bike to school and was excited to have his last day!  On Thursday, he got to meet his teacher for next year!  He will have Mrs. Sadler for 2nd grade.  I don't know her, but I have heard good things, so it makes me excited for him!  
                                       

After school got out that afternoon, we all met up for a neighborhood water party to celebrate the last day of school.  It was a blast and there were tons of kids there!  It was the perfect way to spend the HOT afternoon!  Alivia was in heaven, and I think she ate at least three popsicles!  Granted, most of them melted and fell off the stick before she finished them, but she had a riot!  There was music, water, and lots of fun conversation between the moms.  I don't know who had more fun, us or the kids!?!







 We got home and cleaned up before taking the kids out to eat.  We thought it would be fun to eat out to continue the celebration of the last day of school!  We ate at the pizza factory!  Yum!  I was just happy not to have to cook or clean up!  We stopped at Kohl's afterwards to buys some shorts for Carson.  All of his shorts are a size 5, and even though he can fit into them, they are a bit on the small side, so I figured it was time for some new ones!



 The fun didn't end after dinner.  We kept the fun going by attending the neighborhood outdoor movie night at the Yospe's.  We watched the Sandlot.  There was a great turnout and lots of yummy treats and popcorn!  The weather was perfect and it was such a blast.

 We got home around 11:15 and I got the two kids to bed.  (Nick and Livy stayed home and went to bed early, so it was just the three of us).  I went to bed SO tired, but so happy.  It was such a fun day.  I am always telling people how fun and awesome our neighborhood is, and this proves it once again that it is true.  I couldn't ask for better neighbors and friends!  It was just an outstanding day, and to top it off...just yesterday, a neighbor used a bobcat and built a race track with hills and jumps in one of the last empty lots, so the kids will have a super fun place to ride their bikes all summer long.  Seriously....this is the best place to live.  We are so grateful and blessed to be a part of it!

No comments: