Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bye Bye Bells!

Last Wednesday was a super full busy day.  Not only did we have Uncle Chris come home from his mission, but Carson also had a tball game, then I went to a little goodbye gathering for Bells.  Since I resigned from bells earlier this year, they invited me along with three other ringers to come to a little get together to say goodbye.  It was wonderful!  They made a cute cake and I got a card signed by everyone.  It was really heartwarming to me and I was so happy to see everyone again, yet so sad I wasn't going to be a part of the group anymore.  It was very bitter sweet.  But I was so thankful that they included me in this little goodbye.  



 Me and the super amazing, funny, and entertaining Paige.  I just love her and hope that she doesn't forget about me any time soon!  I rang next to her quite a bit and she is seriously an amazing woman!
 Me and Melanie Dewey, a cute girl that I got to know well during the Christmas Concert last year. She is super talented and super sweet.  She is just one of many friends I have made at bells.
 Me, Teresa, and Marie.  Teresa was the one who ran the Salt Lake Half with me two years ago.  She is so amazing and is the most stylish girl I know!  She just finished running the Boston Marathon last month and did great!  She is also a very popular ringer and gets recognized anywhere she goes as the cute bell ringer!  It is great!  Marie, is such a sweetie and is also leaving bells to focus her time and attention for her family.  She and her sister, Erika is also leaving for the same reasons.  It has been so fun getting to know those girls since we have so much in common with having kids and everything!
 Me and Liz, who auditioned just shortly after I got into bells, so she rang next to me for awhile on the back table.  From day one she has been nothing but nice and sweet, and again it is so fun to talk to her since we have so much in common with being moms and musicians!
 Me, Erika, and Marie.  I wish I had a picture of Derek, the other ringer who is leaving.  He was set apart and came into Bells at the same time as me.  So it is ironic that we are leaving together too!  He is leaving for some medical issues, but I hope he is able to return someday.
 Me with Ken and LeAnna Willmore.  Sister Wilmore is the conductor and has been such an angel. She is a wonderful conductor and musician and I have learned so much from her.  Ken, is the conductors assistant and is the sweetest and kindest man.  He is always so nice to me and is always so happy!  I will miss them both dearly!  But since they live in NSL, I hope to run into them time and again like we did one time on date night at Applebees.
I could have taken a picture with everyone in Bells and told you something neat about them and what I will remember about them.  They really did become like a second family to me.  I will miss them dearly, but I know that this is the right decision for me and my family at this time.  I will always be grateful for the opportunity I had to ring with the Bells on Temple Square and for all that I have learned from this experience.  It was great being able to spend such precious time with my mom during Concerts and Broadcasts.  It will always be a memory we get to share together.  I am so thankful for Nick and his support he has given me these past three years as I have attended countless rehearsals, recordings, concerts, and broadcasts, with no complaining on his part.  He has been wonderful!  I feel so blessed from my Heavenly Father who has given me a talent and has allowed me to share it.  Like I said, it is very bitter sweet, but I know that there is a time and season for everything in our lives, and right now I am going to enjoy being a MOM!

No comments: