We had the most fabulous time yesterday celebrating Alivia's first birthday! We had a bunch of family come over after church for some dinner and cake! We had some bbq pork sandwiches, with some yummy salads, and chips. We had fun helping Alivia open a few presents, including a new play cell phone from Gma Karen, some books, an outfit, and a new play water/sand table from us. Gma Joy also gave her some money to go find a new swimsuit for her. It was such a fun day and she was so fun to watch because she was just so happy!
Grandma Karen made this beautiful cake for her! I made the tutu that went around the bottom. It turned out even better than I cold have imagined! Alivia loved it! It actually was on a turn table so Alivia had a ton of fun playing with it!
Of course, we let her have a piece of the cake! She actually ended up eating two pieces! It was so funny to watch her eat it. She just held the whole piece of cake up to her mouth and wouldn't put it down. It was hilarious!!
The cake tasted even better than it looked....it was delicious.
Right before everyone left, Gpa Brower was working on getting her to walk, and actually did a good job! She took at least 4 or 5 steps on her own! I am sure she will be walking any day now, but it is fun that she took steps on her birthday! Once everyone left, we put Livy down for a nap and the two older kids laid in our room and watched a movie while Nick and I cleaned everything up. It was a nice quiet evening and the kids had fun playing with Livy's new water table. I started putting together a video of Alivia's first year and it was so fun to go back and look at pictures of her. It is amazing how much they learn and grow that first year. We feel so blessed to have Alivia as our daughter. It has been such a great year, and I can't wait for many many more fun years of watching her grow! We love you Livy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment