Yesterday we had a busy and fun day! We started our day out with our normal MWF routine of working out with my good friend Jen. She comes over to borrow my treadmill and I either do a video or ride my bike. It works out great!!! Then we got ready and headed to Kaylee's 4 year checkup with Dr. Reese. Our appt was at 11:20, and we finally were seen at Noon. I guess they had some computer problems. Luckily Alivia was happy as can be hanging out in the little umbrella stroller and enjoyed the fun rides she was getting from Kaylee. Dr. Reese says Kaylee is doing great! She is 40" tall (56%) and weighs 34 lb (42%). So she is right where she is supposed to be! She had to get her blood drawn to check her thyroid levels, like we do every year at her check up. This is to make sure her medicine is the right dosage. Last year we had to increase it by 25 mg. I am hoping it stays the same this year, since it will help avoid having to get her blood drawn again! But she was SO brave. We had been talking about it for a few days and trying to prep her so she would be ready to get her blood drawn. I couldn't have been more proud of her. She was more than happy to go with the nurse and so the nurse turned to me and asked "Does she know what she has to do?" And I explained to the nurse that she is very aware of what she has to have done. We told her she would get a 'poke' and that it could hurt and feel like a pinch. We told her that it might make her cry but it would be fast. We told her it was okay if she cried and that after she is all done, she would probably get a prize from the treasure chest. Which is exactly what the nurses told her and so she was excited about that. She was a champ and sat still while they drew her blood. She only said "Ouch" and then kind of puffed out her cheeks and held her breathe....then she smiled and said "I only said Ouch....." while they were still drawing her blood. She was so proud of herself that she didn't cry and she said it was only a small poke. I think the two nurses got a kick out of it! They told her she was so brave and even tougher than some of their older patients! She picked out a cute butterfly ring from the treasure box and she walked out of there with a big smile. I had used my phone to take this picture and I thought I had got the whole thing on video...but I didn't save it once I took the video...so I don't have video...and that made me So sad, because I wanted to show Nick how brave she was! It really was one of the cutest things I have seen her do! Oh well...I will be better prepared next time. At least I got a picture...you can see how happy she was to be there! She is such a doll!
I told her the night before that if she would let them poke her, we would go to Treehouse museum afterwards. So we made a quick stop at Panda Express to eat lunch. She ATE a ton and it was so fun to go out to eat with just my two girls! Then we met up with Natalie, Hallie, and Gracie in Ogden at the Treehouse museum to play for the afternoon!The girls had a blast and it was fun to visit with Natalie and see cute baby Gracie!!! We made it home in time for dinner and to just relax the rest of the evening.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment