Friday, December 2, 2011

Festival of Trees

On Wednesday, Nov 30th, Kaylee performed at the Festival of Trees in Sandy, with Performance Academy. They did a great job!!! We got there a little early and looked at a few of the trees and displays before we went and found us a seat at the North stage where she was performing. I was excited to see her perform! We had been practicing her solo for a few weeks and she was READY!
Grandma Joy made it with 2 minutes to spare! She had locked her phone and keys in her car while getting gas in Ogden before coming down. It slowed her down a bit, and for awhile I was afraid she wouldn't make it in time, but she did, and we are so glad she was able to come! (The Motab Concert is the night of Kaylee's dance recital and so both my mom and I will miss it, so this was the only chance we would get to see her perform with her group at Christmastime).
She got on the stage and was SO excited...can you tell?
When it was her turn she stepped up and sang her little heart out. She did a cute little nervous shake with her left hand before she started and it was adorable. You could tell she was a little nervous but she did a great job!
After they sang, the sang and danced to the song "Let it Snow!". Again, she did great!!!
After she was done, I had to leave immediately to attend Bells practice, but everyone else stayed a bit longer to take some pictures, eat a cinnamon roll, and look at more of the displays. We are so proud of Kaylee! She is our little shining star! I can't wait to see her perform again!

No comments: