Thursday, April 7, 2011

Treehouse Museum

Yesterday, I took all three kids and met up with Natalie and Hallie in Ogden and we all went to the Treehouse Museum. First, it was quite a morning trying to get all of us up and ready to leave the house, pack the diaper bag, make a cookie pie (for my mom's bday dinner), make and eat lunch for all of us, and make sure that I timed it just right so that Alivia would sleep all the way up to Ogden and I wouldn't have to stop to feed her. We made it, and we even managed to stop at Payless and buy some new dress shoes for Carson. I know this may sound silly to some of you moms, but having three is an adjustment, and add on top of that, not feeling the best and still having a bit of pain from the csection, it makes everything just a tad bit harder and slower since I don't move as fast as I would like! So, for my first official day out all by myself, it went well, I thought! It was nice to have Natalie's help when we got to the museum. The kids had a blast there! Here are a few pictures from our day. We went to the 'Participlay' they had that day. It was the story of the three little pigs, mingled with a few other fairy tale characters. They let kids dress up as the characters and Kaylee was picked to be one of the six bunnies. She was SO cute and did a great job. She wasn't shy at all and went up on stage like it was no big deal! She was by far the youngest kids in the play, but she was adorable!













After the play and a break for a snack, we went back upstairs and made a craft....a magical wand! We used pipe cleaners, a straw, and some modeling clay to create the wands.

We made sure we had time to play dress up before we left. Carson made a pretty handsome astronaut! It was a fun afternoon and it was so good to get out of the house. We have been home all week for spring break, and since the weather has been a little cooler and more wet than we had hoped, it has kept us inside more than we would have liked! Thanks again Natalie and Hallie for such a fun afternoon!

2 comments:

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

Brittany, that place looks so fun! I'll have to go. But you are CRAZY for bringing out your little baby! :)

Lifes Great Adventures said...

That is a big accomplishment because I remember those days very clearly when they are just little and having to work around the feeding schedule, then add two other kids to that:) I also remember the recover (I didn't have c-section but I tore really bad!), and the lack of sleep nights- so you are doing great! Congrats again on the sweet little one!!