Sunday, January 2, 2011

Work Work Work

As I mentioned earlier, we have been working hard getting things organized and cleaned out of the storage room so we can finish it and make it Carson's new bedroom. We spent hours going through totes of baby clothes, frames, old home decorations, and boxes from when Nick and I were kids. I was able to condense them down quite a bit and we took quite a load to the DI and also to the garbage. It is amazing how easy you collect STUFF. Nick put an attic ladder in the garage and we now have a 20 by 12 foot room above the garage that we can store our Christmas and other stuff in. That helped clean out the storage room quite a bit. The kids enjoyed playing around while we organized.
Once it was all cleaned out we got to work framing and sheet rocking. My brother Matt was kind enough to come down Friday to give Nick a hand! Isn't he awesome?!?!
On our way home from Tremonton, we stopped in Ogden and picked up Matt and he came and helped some more yesterday. While the boys worked, the kids and I kept busy organizing paperwork and shredding the paperwork we didn't need anymore. They love helping me with that, and don't worry I was supervising them the whole time they were using the paper shredder. During the afternoon, Kaylee proved once again how much of a big girl she is by pooping in the toilet, not once, but twice! So we stopped and had an ice cream break to celebrate her accomplishments!
The boys continued to work while the kids and I entertained Hallie and Natalie who came to have dinner with us.
They got a lot done! Most of the sheet rock has been hung and so the next step is mud and tape, paint, and then carpet & finish work. Hopefully it won't be too much longer because the amount of sheet rock dust in my house is driving me crazy! I am just glad to know this is the last of the house that needs to be finished. And unless we do a remodel, there should never be a need to do construction in the house again! Whew! We only have a couple of months before the baby gets here and I have a list a mile long of things I would like to have done before she gets here. This is the biggest of those items, so it makes me very happy to have it progressing so well! Thanks again Matt for all your help, and especially to Nick who works his tail off to keep me happy! I love you!

No comments: