Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chair Makeovers

For quite awhile, like a few years, I have been wanting to recover our dining room chairs. When I bought them they were so beautiful and clean and WHITE! They have held up pretty good considering we have 2 kids, but I was constantly spot cleaning them and I was just getting frustrated trying to keep them looking as nice as they were the day we bought them. But wanting to do something and actually doing it are two different things. I have seen my good friend recover her chairs and went and saw another friends chairs that she had just recovered and finally got up the ambition to just do it! I decided to get some vinyl material that would be easy to wipe off and keep clean, and it looks like a soft leather material even though it is made of vinyl. That was easy to decide, what color to do was a whole different problem. I thought about keeping them cream/white, but decided even if they are vinyl, they would show dirt. Our table has so much red in the wood color that I couldn't find a brown that looked right with it, so we decided to do black. In the end, Nick was convinced he liked the black better than the white it originally came with. I am still getting used to them, but I do like how they look. So even though I was the one who bought the material and got it all going, Nick is the one who deserves all the credit. This wasn't a fast project since we had to not only recover the seat of the chair, but the front and back of the backrest. He spent HOURS over several days finishing the project. He did a GREAT job and I am so thankful he was willing to do it for me. He has been working so hard lately that I am sure the last thing he wanted to do was come home from work and do another project for me! But he did and I love him for it! Here he is working hard, with some help from Carson!


Here is a chair before and after it was recovered.

And the final project completely done.
What do you think?????

3 comments:

Kellie said...

It turned out awesome! It looks great!! :) Good job Nick!

Andrea said...

Looks good!

Melissa said...

They look really good!