Thursday, January 13, 2011

Change

Change is inevitable and can be scary. But it can also be a good thing! We have a few things going on right now in our family that involves change. Soon we will be changing from just 2 kids to 3!!! The kids get to change rooms! And Nicholas is going to be changing jobs. Yep, he is now going to work at the Grease Monkey.
We have some friends in our ward that Own and Manage the Grease Monkey in Centerville. They have decided since it is doing so well they want to open up another store in Highland/Lehi area. So they have asked Nick to take over as manager and eventually become part owner of the Grease Monkey in Centerville, so they are able to open the new store in Utah County. This has been in the works for several months and has been a BIG decision for us. Nick has a good job at the base that provides steady work and great insurance benefits. However, looking long term we felt that even though it is a good job and we feel very blessed that Nick has been able to work at the base, an opportunity like this would allow for more growth, more sleep (Nick gets up at 3:30 AM right now to go to work), better work environment, and overall better lifestyle and quality of life for Nick and our family. He has started working there part time after work and will go full time in April after we have the baby. Our insurance is much better right now while he works at the base, so we thought we had better take advantage of it! The next few months will be very busy while he is working two jobs, but this will allow him to get a feel of the Grease Monkey and start to learn everything he needs to know to be good at his job.
We are really excited for this change and we are so thankful for all the support we have gotten from family and friends while making this big decision. So in the future, if you need your oil changed or your car needs to be registered, come visit Nick at the Grease Monkey in Centerville! (They also have an awesome car wash!)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so happy for you guys that Nick has this wonderful opportunity and I hope it works out in every positive way possible for your family! :)

The Hood's said...

Wow, what a change! Good luck in the new venture. I know it will work out for you guys, and will be so nice to have more sleep and a shorter commute! Congrats!

Andrea said...

Lots of good change for your family! I can relate with the new job and additional kids.

Anonymous said...

I am a HUGE fan of Grease Monkey. I don't feel like I have to take a shower after I go in to have my oil changed like some other place. And free popcorn and soda? the kids love it, too.

I hope it's a good change for him.