Thursday, January 20, 2011

To pass the time....

While the boys were away fishing, Kaylee and I enjoyed some down time just relaxing around the house and not doing much of anything. This may sound bad, but unless I HAVE to, I try not to leave the house because it means I have to wear pants (not my comfy pj pants) and I normally come home exhausted. So even though it would have been fun to go shopping or do something exciting, we opted to just stay home and chill. So Monday afternoon we did a bit of laundry, work on the computer, and then watched the movie "Eclipse". Well, I watched it and Kaylee mostly just played with toys here and there. But we did enjoy some popcorn with our movie! Kaylee LOVES popcorn. We got a cute movie package present from Nick's sister Tamra for Christmas. It included these really cute popcorn cups. Now we can't have popcorn unless it is served in the popcorn cup! She also looked really cute that day. I am trying new things with her hair and lately it has been braids. She LOVES it when I put a braid in her hair. This one I did two braids and then connected them in the back. I tried to french braid her hair somehow but that was a disaster. I don't know if it is because I don't know what I'm doing, or if it is because her hair is too think and short to really do that yet. I may have to spend some time with my sister who has 3 girls and is an expert in that department! Anyway, we had a good time just the two of us and it was a great way to pass the time that day!
The kids have also come up with fun ways to pass the time. Since Carson didn't have school on Tuesday we had another lazy day of just hanging out and playing. I was working on some real estate files when I took a break and went downstairs to see what the kids were up to. This is what I found.
They had been playing with the blankets on the stairs and so I knew the closet was probably empty, but I didn't realize what now filling up the shelves! It made me laugh! I told them not to move so I could go get the camera. They played like this for like an hour. And if you look closely, they both have their Book of Mormon. They were pretending that they were getting ready for bed and they wanted to read their scriptures before they went to bed. It was just so cute!

I am always amazed on how creative the kids can be and it reminds me of all the silly things that my siblings and I did to pass the time when we were younger. I love when kids are just kids and they do what kids should do. I am sure my kids aren't the only ones that get creative when it comes to play time!

No comments: