Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My first Broadcast with BOTS...

On Sunday, the 29th, I had the opportunity to play with the Bells for my first official Broadcast as a Bell Ringer. It was SOOOOO amazing!! Besides the broadcast itself, I had a neat experience while the choir was rehearsing one of their songs. It was the song "For Unto us a Child is Born" from the Messiah. We didn't play on that song, so I turned around to watch them sing, and the power and music that was coming from the choir was indescribable! I was so amazed at the spirit it brought and the feeling that was inside me while listening to them sing! I knew at that moment how special it was to be there! To be a part of such an amazing organization. I am also very grateful that I get to share this experience with my mom, who sing in the choir. It was fun to walk into the Tabernacle that morning and run right into my mom! I even used her space in the dressing room to hang up my clothes and change. It was pretty fun! I had to be there at 7:25 AM ready to go! So it made for an early morning, so it made me even more amazed by my mom who wakes up super early to drive 1 hour 15 min each way from Tremonton at least 2 times a week! And she has been doing it for over 17 years! I can only hope this experience can last that long! (But without all the driving...we live like 10 minutes from Temple Square!) They emailed some great pictures from the broadcast that I just wanted to share! I thought I had done a good job at smiling and looking pleasant while ringing, but after watching it back on tv and seeing the pictures, I think there is a lot of room for improvement for that! I guess it will become easier the more I get used to ringing! Or at least I hope so!






I will have a pretty busy December! The Motab's Christmas Concert is next weekend, which means a ton of extra rehearsal for the BOTS. Then, we are also involved in the broadcast on the 20th. I know it will be a lot of time away, but I am so lucky and blessed to get to be a part of it! So I am going to cherish every moment! I am also grateful to my wonderful husband, who is 100% supportive and is so willing to take care of our kids while I am gone. He even took them to church all by himself on Sunday. He did a great job combing their hair and getting them dressed. (I did pick out the clothes the night before to make it easier...). I was able to make it back in time for RS, which was nice since it was combined that week. All in all, it was a wonderful day!!!!

1 comment:

Jana Banana said...

I'm so proud of you!! Can't wait to watch it on Sunday!