Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Motab Concert!

What a week we had last week. As part of the Bells on Temple Square, we get to perform with the Motab Choir at their annual Christmas Concert. It started off with Bells practice Tues & Wed, then the concert with the MOTAB on Thurs, Fri, and Sat. (With a recording Sat afternoon). The the broadcast on Sunday. I loved every minute of it!!!! Natalie Cole was the guest artist this year for the concert. It was great. The bells got to preform with the choir on three songs. It was so fun to be there with my mom during all of this. On Saturday night, my little brother Chris was a flower presenter, so we all got to hang out long enough for a picture backstage at the conference center.

Saturday after the recording session, we all headed over to the Church Office building for a yummy turkey dinner. It was a great meal to keep our energy up for the rest of the day!
After dinner we headed back to the conference center to get prepped for the concert that night. My mom and I had a great time taking some fun pictures while we waited....



Again, I can't tell you how much fun it was to perform with the Bells on Temple Square and to be there with my mom and share an experience like that with her. I now know why members of the choir are so willing to serve in the choir and sacrifice so much to be a part of the choir....this experience has been so amazing and overwhelming!!! I really admire my mom for all the time and effort she has put in the past 16 1/2 years!!!! She used to always say how fun it would be to be in the choir together....and even though I am not in the choir, this is pretty close, and she was right, it is fun!!!
Here is a group shot of the Bells on Temple Square. They are great people, and it has been so fun getting to know all of them!!!

What a way to get into the Holiday Spirit!!!!!

No comments: