Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Family Party

On Thursday, both of my sisters and their families came into town for the weekend and to have a family Christmas Party. It was so fun to have them stay at my house, even though it was a little crazy since it was going to be super busy with the concert and everything, but really fun!!! Carson was so excited to have his cousins come to play with him! Thursday, most of them attended the concert, and Nick and my Dad stayed home with the little ones. Here is Emily and Kenzie playing....there definitely wasn't a shortage of someone to play with this weekend. With 12 cousins all under the same roof, there was never a dull moment! On Friday evening, the group of them all headed down to see the lights on Temple Square. Carson said he had a blast, even though it was really cold!!
Chris and Justin, chillin' in the basement. I wish I got a picture of Chris's cute PJ's, he has a pair of foot pajamas....I didn't know they made them in his size! :)
On Saturday Morning, we had a yummy breakfast and got ready for Family Pictures. I was so happy that my Sister in law, Kelly, came and took family pictures for us. She is a great photographer and it is a rare chance that we get to all be in the same place at the same time!! After pictures, grandma read the kids a few Christmas stories, and then we got a fun surprise visit from Santa....
He and Mrs. Claus came and visited us and handed out presents to everyone in our family. Kaylee didn't mind sitting on Santa's lap, and she even got the cutest doll from Santa!

We all took our turn sitting on his lap, including Grandpa!!!!

This was so cute...Tiffany was holding Hallie when it was her turn, and when Santa asked her what she wanted, she said "A baby!" (We all hope that someday she will get that!! Right now though, she has her hands full with her 5 great stepkids....and she is a terrific mom to them!)
I even got a turn on his lap!
It was so fun! After Santa, we had lunch and ate cake to celebrate Matt's graduation!!! The kids had fun playing with their new toys! But then Mom and I headed to a recording for the concert and Ris & Justin had to go to the airport to fly to Boise for the evening, so a few of the adults held down the fort while we were gone. They kids played in the snow and enjoyed some hot cocoa, and watched a movie. I wish I could have been home more this weekend to spend time with my family, but it was still great to see them while I was around! It is going to be a fun tradition to get together every year for a Family Christmas Party.

No comments: