I am such a proud mommy right now! Most of you know I have attempted several times to potty train Carson, with out too much success. But I think I can finally say that he is, for the most part,.....potty trained! :) Yeah!!!! On Monday evening I brought home a little potty from Kid to Kid. I got it to use with the method from the book 'potty training in less than a day'. The whole concept was based around your child potty training a doll, using the potty, and during that training, they would also learn about going potty. Anyway....I had only made it like 5 chapters into the book, when I made the mistake of letting Carson see the potty when I got it home. So then he wanted to play with it. So I grabbed a teddy bear, since I hadn't found a peeing doll yet, and put underwear on it. He thought it was so funny to have the bear sit on the potty. He also took his turns sitting on the potty, but of course didn't go. I really didn't know what to do after that since I hadn't finshed the book, but...since we had put big boy underwear on him, we decided to just keep them on him until bedtime, then put him in a pull up. So Tuesday I just kept him in his underwear, and he actually went twice that morning! (Using the normal toilet). I was so surprised that he went! I was feeling optamistic, but then he had about 4 accidents in a row...and I was thinking it wasn't going to work, and I couldn't believe I had gotten my hopes up that it would. But, then he went again that night 2 more times. Once he learned that he could stand up and pee, he has only had one accident on Wednesday, but Thurs and Friday NO pee pee accidents....just the other one. So we need to work on that, but for the most part he is doing wonderful! (The potty watch has also been a big help in not only reminding him, but me to have him go potty). In fact we went to the store and dinner tonight, and he went several times while we were out! I was kinda nervous about taking him out, so I packed a pair of undees and shorts just in case! I know that parents potty train kids everyday, but this is such a relief to me to have the worst of it over with. I know there will be accidents to come and it won't be perfect, but we have taken the left over diapers out of his room, and have stored them for about 2 1/2 years until Kaylee will need them! It is a good feeling. I feel that as a mom, I have accomplished something good. I love you Carson and I am so glad that you are my big boy!
Friday, August 29, 2008
I'm a big boy now!!
I am such a proud mommy right now! Most of you know I have attempted several times to potty train Carson, with out too much success. But I think I can finally say that he is, for the most part,.....potty trained! :) Yeah!!!! On Monday evening I brought home a little potty from Kid to Kid. I got it to use with the method from the book 'potty training in less than a day'. The whole concept was based around your child potty training a doll, using the potty, and during that training, they would also learn about going potty. Anyway....I had only made it like 5 chapters into the book, when I made the mistake of letting Carson see the potty when I got it home. So then he wanted to play with it. So I grabbed a teddy bear, since I hadn't found a peeing doll yet, and put underwear on it. He thought it was so funny to have the bear sit on the potty. He also took his turns sitting on the potty, but of course didn't go. I really didn't know what to do after that since I hadn't finshed the book, but...since we had put big boy underwear on him, we decided to just keep them on him until bedtime, then put him in a pull up. So Tuesday I just kept him in his underwear, and he actually went twice that morning! (Using the normal toilet). I was so surprised that he went! I was feeling optamistic, but then he had about 4 accidents in a row...and I was thinking it wasn't going to work, and I couldn't believe I had gotten my hopes up that it would. But, then he went again that night 2 more times. Once he learned that he could stand up and pee, he has only had one accident on Wednesday, but Thurs and Friday NO pee pee accidents....just the other one. So we need to work on that, but for the most part he is doing wonderful! (The potty watch has also been a big help in not only reminding him, but me to have him go potty). In fact we went to the store and dinner tonight, and he went several times while we were out! I was kinda nervous about taking him out, so I packed a pair of undees and shorts just in case! I know that parents potty train kids everyday, but this is such a relief to me to have the worst of it over with. I know there will be accidents to come and it won't be perfect, but we have taken the left over diapers out of his room, and have stored them for about 2 1/2 years until Kaylee will need them! It is a good feeling. I feel that as a mom, I have accomplished something good. I love you Carson and I am so glad that you are my big boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats! That's always such a relief when your child finally gets the toilet concept. Plus it frees up the budget a little bit. Now you only have to buy diapers for one kid. I was so happy the day that happened for us. Good job Carson!
I'm so psyched for you! It is the best ever. And you know there is a certain point of no return, and you are well beyond that. So whatever accidents may come, and they certainly do (Leah peed while she was standing with Brett in line for a ride at Sea World), you are at the point where diapers are history. We started potty training Benjamin this week. I think we've done it (and it helps he has a big sister to be a good example) and I'm so pleased we aren't going back to diapers. I hate buying them! Congratulations to Carson and to YOU!
Post a Comment