I was tagged by Melissa, and it has taken me awhile to get around to posting 8 Random facts about me. These probably won't be too interesting...but here it goes:
1-My Favorite snack (especially when I am pregnant) is Bread and Chocolate Milk. I dip the bread in the chocolate milk. It has been a snack I have eaten since I was little! It's like toast and hot chocolate, just cold. Yummy!
2-I hate sleeping with a top sheet, so I don't even bother buying sheet sets. I just buy the fitted sheet. And then I sleep with a blanket, AND I won't share my blanket, so Nick sleeps under his own blanket too! I know that might seem weird to some of you married people, but honestly it is awesome, since I never have to fight for the blanket at night! We slept under the same blanket for about a year, and then realized it was easier to have our own! And I think I don't like the top sheet, cause it isn't cuddly and soft enough, so I just skip it all together. Yes, it is a pain to wash a blanket more than sheets, but it is worth it to me!
3-I am known as a pretty anal person when it comes to keeping a clean house, yet my closets are usually SO disorganized. I think it is because I can shut a door and not have to look at it! It drives me crazy when I open the door and see how messy it is, whether it is my closet, the linen closet, or the shelves of disaster under the TV!! I really need to work on doing as much work on those hidden places of my house as I devote to the rest of my house!
4-I DVR all new episodes of Hanna Montana...am I a dork or what? Nick and I just get a kick out of them! I love the disney channel for providing clean shows to watch! And ABC Family. (And I still love to watch episodes of Saved by the Bell).
5-I am a percussionist. It has been a while since I have really done any drumming, but when I was in High School and College I was involved in Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band and even participated in a Winter Drum Line at Mt. Crest HS when I was a Junior. When I competed in Miss Utah, as Miss Mountainland, I played the Marimba for my talent, only because I didn't know how to do a drumset solo. But when I started doing pageants, I said if I ever made it to Miss Utah, I would play a percussion instrument instead of the piano, cause it would be different! I yearn to play in a group of some kind again just to be able to play again! Anyone want to start a WX Jazz Band?
6-I have always wanted a nose job. I know that some people think it is vain, but I don't care. I have braces right now, cause that was cheaper than a nose job, but some day, Nick has promised that I can have a nose job. So if there is anyone out there that has had one, let me know who you used, and if it really hurts, and if you thought it was worth it? (Aren't all girls the same? We all hate how we look? Even though our husbands tell us we are perfect the way we are!?)
7-I often feel inadequate. In many ways....like I am not a good mother, wife, or friend. It really isn't a low self esteem, but more like I see everyone else do things so much better than me. Maybe it is jealousy....I see that their house is nicer, or their hair is cuter, or their husbands have better jobs, or their kids are smarter, or I am not good enough for them....does that make sense? I feel like I dwell on the things I DON'T have, and I am always trying to refocus my thoughts on what I DO have....and how blessed my family is. I think that is the adversary hard at work! Anyone else feel that way?
8-I spend way to much time looking at peoples blogs! And working on my computer. With all the real estate stuff I do, I sometimes feel like I neglect Carson and Kaylee...and I love to read peoples blogs, even if I don't know them...Am I a Blog Stalker?!?!? I should work on that! So with that said, I should probably get back to my kids....
I tag all those who are reading this!
6 comments:
In response to your #7, I think it's easier to see what other people do, rather than look at what we ourselves have done. You have a beautiful home and family and are blessed in so many ways! I know firsthand it's always easier to see how much other people are blessed and it's something I need to work on too!
It's so good to know that I am normal! I think everyone that reads this post can relate to some of your same feelings. Don't feel bad at all, it's completely normal.
Totally sleep with a blanket and no sheets. Have been since we got married. Agree on feeling inadequate. Don't ask about my Mother's Day breakdown? Love Saved By the Bell, Hannah Montana, and Suite Life of Zack and Cody!
I'm glad that you like the Disney Channel shows too. IT makes me feel better about my favorite show Wizards of Waverly Place
Fun stuff!! I think I learned a few new things about you- and I thought I new everything! I didn't know that you actually watched every new Hannah Montana- that makes me laugh- and Nick watches it too?? So funny! Thanks for the fun post!
Fun things to read about you! There's a girl in my ward who is also a percussioninst and has a little band... you should talk. Glad to know you share some of my feelings of life...
Post a Comment