It didn't take long to get back to normal life after our trip to SF. It was good to see all the kids when we got home and we quickly discovered that Preston and Livy had pretty bad colds. Alivia was up all night when we got home with an ear ache and Preston had goobers in his eyes and a horrible nose. So I got them into the dr the very next day and after a double ear infection and sinus infection diagnosis we were able to pick up a Rx for both of them. Alivia stayed home from school that day. On Thursday that week, we made a trip to the music store to look at Ukuleles for the 6th graders. We also found a fun drum set that would be fun to own someday.
Preston came home dressed as a turkey on Friday, and he was sure cute!
We had yummy pizza for dinner that night and just enjoyed a night in watching tv. The kids loved watching American Ninja Warrior.
On Saturday, Nick and the two boys went to Holden for a quick trip to help grandma chicken. So the girls and I had a day out shopping and enjoyed dinner at Zupas. I was also convinced by both girls that Alivia should get her ears pierced. She was just as brave as Kaylee and didn't hardly flinch. She looks adorable with earrings!!!
By Saturday night, I was feeling horrible and so tired. I felt a cold coming on, and by Sunday morning I had the worst sore throat and headache and my ears also hurt. I went to the insta care instead of church and was diagnosed with an ear infection and a sinus infection. Thanks kids! I appreciate you sharing your germs!
I was able to get on some Rx's and that helped at least not feel as horrible, but I ended up having a lingering cough for about 3 weeks and even had to go back in for a follow up appt and a new antibiotic. It was so hard being sick during the final weeks leading up to the dance recital and choir concerts, but somehow I survived.
It has been so cute to see Preston learning his nursery rhymes. I found Alivia reading to him one night in her room before bed. First it was a barbie story and then both of them were reciting nursery rhymes together. It was adorable!!!
Preston is such a stud and is so brave. I had to take him into Dr. Dan's for a small filling and he did amazing. He didn't even flinch during the numbing shot or the filling itself. I was so proud of him!
That night, we went to Roylie's in Farr West for a Modern Woodmen night and enjoyed some yummy dessert on their dime. It is always a fun time when there is chocolate cake involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment