So the weekend of June 6th, we officially moved! Our day on Friday was pretty much packing. We did sleep in and take it easy and the kids lounged around in their pj's for a bit. It was kind of nice! But then by that afternoon we had a lot of things ready to go for our first of two moves. Saturday, after Nick got home from work, we attended a baptism for our ward. We had 4 candidates and one was our our good friends daughter, Kamryn, and so we wanted to go and support her. After the baptism, we loaded up the rest of the stuff we needed to take to my mom's house and headed North. We made it up to Tremonton about 7, unloaded everything into the house, and then headed back to WX to stay the night one last time. We wanted to go to church on Sunday since they would be releasing both Nick and I in our callings. Nick has been serving as 1st counselor in the Sunday School Presidency and I have been serving as Primary President. I was happy when they called my 2nd counselor Jan Pace as the new primary president. Tina Allen stayed as 1st Counselor, and Lisa Atkins was called as 2nd counselor. Tara Stark stayed as Secretary, which was great since she did such a great job! It was a hard day at church because it was so sad knowing that was our last Sunday as members in that ward. Carson got to help lead the music during senior primary and I got lots of hugs from the kids and other ward members.
After church we went and said by to the Garaycocheas. They have three cute boys that we will miss! Ethan, Emery, and Zeke. It was quite a chore getting them to all smile and look at the camera....oh the joys of kids!
Sunday after church, we did spend a bit of time packing up some of the kitchen (until we ran out of boxes) and then we headed back to Tremonton in time for a yummy ham dinner. We finished the night with some ice cream. The kids seemed pretty happy to be at Grandma's and it made me hopeful for the summer! We got up early on Monday and headed to WX and stopped at Lowe's to buy more boxes. We spent the morning taking apart beds, packing the rest of the kitchen, and loading up 2 trucks and 2 trailers. We had Nick Nelson and Andy Moosman there to help us and they were wonderful! Both Nicks took the loads up to the storage unit while I slipped away for a PTA Board Lunch at Mo' Better Steaks. It was fun to have lunch with the friends I had made while working with the PTA. And the lunch was really good. I headed back to the house and spent the rest of the day cleaning the house top to bottom while the boys finished unloading the trailers. It was so weird to see our house so empty. In fact, it kind of made it easier. After all of our stuff was out, it didn't look like our house anymore and I didn't feel as much of an attachment to it. Weird! I took a few pictures of the empty house so I could remember it and show the kids. When they got back we packed up the trailer with the final load and dropped it off on our way 'home' to Tremonton.
I don't know if you can see the rainbow in this picture of the storage unit, but as we were leaving that is what we saw. It was so pretty. It was also what I needed to see at the end of such a long and exhausting day. It was showing us the beautiful things that come from storms. I know this move and summer will be a lot of work and sacrifice, but we are hopeful for the things that are to come. We are so sad to leave our ward, neighborhood and friends, but we know we will be able to find that again in our new home.
The kids got a great start to summer. We spent lots of time playing outside, pulling the weeds, mowing the lawn, and getting all of our stuff organized. It is going to be a good summer!










No comments:
Post a Comment