We had a busy last week of school! We had a lot of school things going on. Not only was it the last week of school, but it was finally close enough to the move that I started to really pack things up. We started taking things off the wall, get our pantry boxed up, and start really condensing what we needed to take to my mom's house with us. I had packed up the toys and so poor Preston and Livy had nothing to do besides watch tv or the ipads. I tried to get them out of the house often to run errands like the grocery store or carwash. (See picture below). I finally called my friend Dawn on Tuesday afternoon and asked if they could come and play just so they weren't watching so much tv! I also bought a puzzle off of FB from a friend, so the kids had at least that to put together for a bit the few days before we moved.
Wednesday, the kids had field day at school and had a blast!! That afternoon, Nick and I met Jake (our project manager from Nilson Homes) at the house for a 4 way walkthrough. We checked out the framing, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical. We had a few things we needed to have changed, like in the kitchen they didn't have the larger island that we had decided on (but I just got an email saying they fixed that!) and we needed a vent under the sink, and also what size the cabinets were on the oven wall, but other than that, it all looked great! They also have the house next to us moving right along too. I bet they start framing this week. It is the exact same floor plan as ours, plus an extra deep 3rd bay, where ours is only extra deep on the 2nd bay.
Thursday was the last day of school! Yay!!! (I will post pics of that next). After school, our neighborhood had the annual water party with 2 bounce houses, tons of Popsicles, and LOTS of kids! It wasn't SUPER warm, but it was warm enough for the kids!
The kids had a blast and it was such a fun way to spend the last day of school. That night we had our family pictures taken (see previous post) and that went really well. It was a little crazy getting everyone ready all over after they played in the water, but we did it! After pictures, we headed to the Yospe's for the annual movie night. We watched Back to the Future and it was great. Before they started the movie though, they surprised our family with a really cute movie Ike and Jana had made and put together. Quite a few of our neighbors had put together a video clip of them saying Goodbye to our family and sharing fun memories with us. It was seriously the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for us! I bawled all the way through it. It just meant so much to me that they would all take time to do that for us! It made it that much harder to leave!!! Nick took the babies home shortly after it started and went to bed and I stayed with the older kids. After the movie, Carson was asked to sleep over with a bunch of boys at Banxton's house. I was a little hesitant since we really don't do sleepovers, but since this was a special circumstance and he was really excited about it, I told him he could go. He had a blast and it was overall an amazing day for our whole family!









No comments:
Post a Comment