On top of the full house we had at my parent's, we also started swim lessons last Monday for all the kids. They were so excited!! They all did super great! At least Preston did for the first 20 minutes. Then he stepped off the step and went under the water and it scared him enough that he got out of the pool and didn't want to get back in. I was a little worried that he wouldn't want to get in the water later that day when we went swimming with my sisters, but he had no problem at all (more about that later). However, on Tuesday, he freaked out after just 2 minutes with the teacher. A long time friend who teaches the mom and tot class took him one on one for a bit but couldn't get him to calm down. So I got him out of the water early again and we decided to try the mom and tot class on Wednesday, instead. That seemed to work better, but he gets bored pretty fast and we only make it about 20 minutes through the lesson and then he complains he is cold and wants to go home. It is so frustrating! I am happy that after a week and a half, tomorrow is the last day! He is great in the water. Loves to kick, reach and pull, and even puts his face under water with no problem. So I hope this is just an age thing and next time he will do better with class lessons on his own! The other kids have had a blast every day and has made great progress. Carson and Kaylee are both in level three and are both doing amazing. I hope they both pass! We will find out tomorrow!





No comments:
Post a Comment