Sunday, April 13, 2014

Week of Dr Appt, Lost Tooth, Zoo, Date Night and Cousins.

 It was a full week last week.  I had it pretty easy the week before and didn't venture out of the house too much since I had nose surgery.  But last week normal life came back to find me.  Monday was crazy!  I had a Post Op Dr appointment for me at 9:45, and then I had a 3rd grade program rehearsal at 10:15.  My friend Jen was nice enough to take my two babies so I didn't have to deal with them, which made it pretty smooth.  Then after Kaylee went to school I headed to a PTA meeting at 1:00 and then straight to Preston's 18 month wellness visit at 2:30.  After school I taught 4 piano lessons.  It was a FULL day.  I barely survived.  I was tired and in a little pain, but was glad I made it through.  I still have some bruising under my eyes, so I was a little self conscious of that, but oh well.  It is what it is.  Preston is looking great at 21.8 lbs (5%).  His height was 31.5 inches (24%).  He was so well behaved at the appointment, which made it a lot less stressful for me.  The Dr said he had seen 5 18 month olds that day and Preston was the best one. :)  That made me one happy mom, especially since Preston can be such a handful most of the time.

Tuesday was not nearly as busy and I only had one piano lesson to teach since one of my students was sick.  Carson had scouts and Kaylee had piano.  We did breakfast for dinner that night.  We have been using our new griddle and I love it!  It is big enough to do more than just a few french toast or pancakes at a time, which is nice.  We used it later in the week to make grilled cheese sandwiches.  Other than storing it, it is the perfect griddle.
Tuesday night Kaylee lost another tooth!  Once again, she pulled it out herself!  She was pretty excited.  She got a tooth box from the school office the next day before putting it under her pillow for the tooth fairy.  So Wednesday night she got 4 quarters for her tooth.  She was happy about it!
Thursday was a busy day and started with another 3rd grade program rehearsal.  This time I took all three kids with me.  It was crazy but they sat still for most of it and by the end of it I had Kaylee take them out and wander the halls.

We got home and got a snack before Kaylee left for school.  Alivia loves doing things all by herself.  She insisted that she put cream cheese on her bagel by herself.  She also loves to get dressed herself, stir her chocolate milk, and many other things.  She is getting very independent.

Once Kaylee left for school, we loaded up and met up with Jen N. and her three youngest kids at the zoo.  It was HOT!  I put sunscreen on everyone, including me.  It was a lot of fun and it was a fun surprise to run into Natalie and her girls.  She was there with her sisters.  We made it home in time for the kids to get home from school and go to choir.  I was exhausted so Nick took the kids to choir while I laid down for a bit.  He is the best!!!



Friday, I spent most of the day doing laundry and cleaning since Marisa and her 4 youngest kids were coming for the weekend.  She was auditioning to be a Jazzersize instructor (which she did make...congrats!!).  So my mom came down that night and watched ALL of our kids while she did that and Nick and I went on a date night.  We had signed up a while ago for a cooking class with Matt & Nat.  It was fun and very delicious.  We made our own pizzas and learned a few tips and new recipes.  It was a lot of fun.

Saturday morning, Nick left really early with his Brother Ryan to help him move to California.  So he will be gone until tomorrow morning.  They drove to Springville to load up his storage unit, stopped in Holden to pack up more stuff and headed to CA this morning and got to Fillmore, CA by about 3.  He will fly home tomorrow, so I will pick him up from the airport in the morning.  I think he is enjoying getting away and spending time with his brother and having a break.  In the mean time it was nice having the cousins over to entertain the kids all day.  Since Marisa was there, I was able to get in a short run outside, which was nice.  I am slowly getting back to an easy exercise routine since the surgery.  I think one more week and I will be able to go back to full intensity.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect for the kids to play outside.  They wore themselves out!  The had a blast.  Ris left around 7 and shortly after I was able to get my kids into PJ's and we watched the Lorax and had popcorn before putting them all to bed by 8:30.  

I love busy and fun weeks, even if they are a lot of work.  It makes life fun!!!  It will probably be another busy week with easter coming up, more 3rd grade program rehearsing, and piano.  So wish me luck!

No comments: