Saturday, April 19, 2014

Carson's Third Grade Program

Thursday, Carson had his third grade program.  The kids had worked really hard learning the songs and dances.  I was so glad to be a part of it and help play the piano on two of the songs.  Carson did a great job and knew all the words and actions.  He even had a cow bell solo!  And he made the best seaweed I have ever seen!  It was fun!  We left the babies with a neighbor so we wouldn't have to deal with them, and Kaylee's kindergarten class got to come in and watch them sing so it was a lot of fun!  













 I was surprised that they had given me a cute thank you gift for helping.  I was so grateful!  It was really a lot of fun for me to be involved.  The kids had choir after school and then by the time we had dinner, Aunt Tamra and her kids stopped by on their way to Holden from California.  They had dinner with us and played a bit.  It was fun seeing them for a little bit!
 Yesterday, Kaylee had a fun Spring party at school and Carson did great on his spelling test and only missed one.  And he missed it because he only put two humps on his "M".  They have to do his whole test in cursive, and so he gets it marked wrong if it isn't written perfect.  I also had taken Alivia to a preschool screening through the district at Boulton Elementary to see if she needs further help with her speech or any other areas.  She did amazing!  She did great on everything except articulation, which is what our concern was. So it was no surprise when they referred her for more testing for that.  We will be working with Ms. Janie at the elementary school, who we know well since that is who Carson worked with.  I think that we will be able to help her really well and get her talking in no time with some help.  I was so proud her of her though.  She wasn't shy and did everything she was asked to do and had a smile on her face the whole time.  I think it was because she was getting so much attention.  After school the kids made some cards for Papa's birthday that is on Monday.  I took those and printed a picture to send to him in the mail.  After dinner we took a walk around the block before getting ready for bed.  It was a fun day!

No comments: