Saturday, April 5, 2014

Spring Break in Holden!

Nick and the kids headed down to Holden Sunday morning.  They were all very excited to spend the next few days there playing for spring break.  I stayed home and just rested and recovered from my nose surgery.  It was very nice having a quiet home and just being able to sleep and not worry about anyone.  I had great friends who checked on me and brought me dinner so I was still well taken care of.  I was sad that I wasn't with the kids and was able to watch them have so much fun, so I told Nick to make sure and take pictures so I could see what they got to do.  I wish the weather would have been warmer, but that didn't stop them from having some fun with their cousins.  Here are some pictures that he took.  They spent a lot of time cleaning up the yard, had a bonfire to burn a lot of weeds and garbage, and even spent some time at the cabin.  It was fun hearing Kaylee and Carson tell me all of the things they did.  











I love the pictures of the kids that they took in the truck.  The selfies are the best!!  There were a ton on the camera, and it was funny to see all the angles and views they took pictures from.  I think they were at the cabin and it was really cold so the kids all stayed in the truck to keep warm and used the camera to keep themselves entertained.  Carson was so sad on Wednesday morning while he was getting ready for school.  He kept telling me how much he wanted to still be in Holden and he wanted it to still be spring break.  He had a really hard time getting back to the normal routine of life.  Poor kid.  Next year should be better since we will have a whole week of spring break and not just two days.  Not sure what the plan is for next year's spring break, but if the kids get a vote, it will probably be in Holden again!  I am thinking Disneyland would be pretty fun too....I guess we will see!

No comments: