This week just flew by and I think it was because it was so busy, which I guess is now normal when you have four kids. Monday we got up and going early and since I had everyone dressed and ready to go and it was warm but overcast weather, I decided last minute to do a little photo shoot with Preston and Livy. I needed to take Livy's three year old pictures and Preston's 18 month old pictures, so I knew it was now or never, and I was SO glad I seized that moment to do them. The weather and lighting were perfect and the kids were in a great mood. They turned out fun! I can't wait to share them! (I will post Livy's Tuesday on her bday and Preston's next week!). After pictures, we made a costco run (which is always a lot of work with kids), we got home and got Kaylee off to school, and while I finished some stuff around the house and put Preston down for a nap, Livy spent most of the afternoon putting puzzles together. She LOVES puzzles and if they are big and easy enough she can do them all by herself with little or no help. She may not talk a lot, but she is a really smart girl! We did piano lessons and spent most of the night doing homework and reading, which is what our FHE ended up being.
Tuesday morning, after Carson left for school, I took the kids to the church with me while I helped decorate for the Ward RS Birthday Social that we were having that night. I was in charge of decorations, but since I had an awesome committee and did a lot of delegating, it came together pretty easily and was not as stressful as I thought it might be. I was very pleased with how it turned out and that night was a lot of fun! They served chicken salad croissants and played hollywood squares. It was so funny.Wednesday was another busy day. Nick came home from work early so I could go to a PTA Region training meeting in Farmington. I am going to be the treasurer next year and so they did some training for that. Afterwards, I met up with our PTA President, Kim, and we both went to Sams club in SLC to pick up some tortilla chips for the nachos we will be serving for the grand event this next week with our Book Fair. (If I can just make it through this next week, then I will be SOOOOO happy!). After school it was normal piano lessons and a pretty easy night, which was good since my day was pretty busy. We had a popcorn night. Nick makes some pretty yummy buttery homemade popcorn that we all love! The kids love watching and helping him make it. You can't see Carson in the picture, but he was there reading on the couch so he could finish his reading and have popcorn with us.
Thursday, I watched my friend and neigbor Deb's boys for a few hours that morning. She is in Paris (So jealous, btw) and her husband had to work a half a day. It was fun for the kids and gave them some entertainment for the few hours they were there. But it was definitely a little bit more work than what I am used to!
That afternoon after both kids got a nap (which was heaven after such a kid filled morning), we enjoyed the sun out on the bikes and wiggle cars while we waited for dad to come home from work. Once he got home, I went to another ear doctor appointment. I have been dealing with an ear infection for over a month now, and the last culture they did showed I had a Staff Infection in my ear. So when I went in on Thursday and I told him my ear was still draining, he put me on an oral antibiotic and ear drops. I have to take a pill 4 times a day, which is a lot harder than it sounds! But I am hoping this will clear it up. So far it seems to be working. But while I was at my appointment, Nick took the kids to choir and then I picked them up when I was done with my appointment. Nick spent the evening helping someone in our ward work on their car, so we had pancakes and eggs for dinner and saved a few for dad when he got home.
We also enjoyed some oreos for dessert that night. Preston LOVED them!! No surprise really, since he is my child!
Friday, I spent a couple hours in the morning setting up for the book fair. Luckily my good friend Rachel Messina, who I first met at college since she and I were both the percussionists at CEU, watched the babies while I was at the school. It made it much easier and faster to get things done. Our theme this year for the book fair is Fiesta. I am hoping it does just as well as it did last fall!
Friday after school was spent running errands, taking girls to dance, and having hamburgers for dinner. We grilled them outside since the weather was so nice. It was yummy. Saturday, Nick worked a half a day and then came home and we had a great Saturday playing around the house and getting things done to get ready for Sunday. I did some grocery shopping while Nick got another layer of mud on the new closet we are building downstairs in the family room. That afternoon, Nick pulled out his stilts and taught Carson how to walk in them. He caught on pretty fast and an hour later he went from walking with him, to walking around holding the fence, to walking around on his own. He really wants to dress up like a clown with Nick this Halloween. I think it will work!
Nick also set up the trampoline Saturday afternoon and the kids have loved it! We had french toast for dinner and enjoyed a movie night watching Robin Hood Men in Tights on Netflix. The kids thought it was hilarious! I really don't mind busy weeks since it usually is fun things we get to do. I do love when we get to Sunday's though. I get up almost every day by 6:00 or 6:30 in order to work out and get myself ready before everyone else gets up, so on Sundays I love sleeping in and not having to get up to work out since I always take Sundays off. I also love Sundays when we get to be with family, so hopefully I will get to post about our amazing Sunday we had today, before next week!














No comments:
Post a Comment