Sunday, March 9, 2014

33!

Yep, I am 33 now!!!  I had the most amazing birthday yesterday!  I got to sleep in until I was ready to wake up, about 7:45.  That felt great!  I hate waking up to an alarm.  I woke up to some fun surprises.  First, the kids insisted that dad tape up the door streamers (we used them for Kaylee's bday) and the kids made the cutest sign for me and hung it on the shelf in the family room.
 I was able to go on an outside run, which I prefer over running on the treadmill.  It was a beautiful sunny day and I was able to do 4 miles and it felt amazing.  It was the perfect way to start out my day.
We had originally wanted to go skating up at classic fun center in Layton, but since they didn't open until noon, we figured Kangaroo Zoo would be just as fun and the kids agreed.  So we spent a few hours bouncing around and enjoying the morning there before it got really busy.  All of the kids loved it.  Alivia was so good even going on the BIG houses and slides.  Preston just loved the freedom of playing and bouncing.  The kids insisted the I open my presents there, so I did.  They surprised me with a ton of fun homemade cards, pictures, and a cute ring.  Nick got me my favorite M&M's and reisens along with "Catching Fire" dvd.  











 After that, we headed home for some lunch and play time.  I ran to Kid to Kid to get some PJ's for Preston and by the time I got home my parents were there to take us to Les Miserables at the Hale Center Theater in West Valley.  We went to the 4 o'clock show.  My good friend Deb offered to watch the kids for us while we went.  It was such an amazing play and the theater is so neat the way the audience is circled around the stage.  It felt like I was so close to the actors and I was so impressed with their talent!  It was so fun spending the afternoon with my parents too.

After the play we picked up the kids and went straight to dinner at Granny Annie's in Bountiful.  It was delicious and as always we were all impressed by the size of the scones.  As a Birthday treat they gave me a sweet roll to take home, and I was even more impressed by the size of that as I was the scones!   




 It was such a fun evening and the perfect way to end the day.  We got home and Kaylee insisted I put on the birthday sash for at least a picture.  So I did and she was more than happy to take the picture for me.
As an adult, Birthdays can sometimes be just like an ordinary day and not be too special, but this was one of the funnest birthdays I have had.  I think it helps that it was on a Saturday and I was able to do so many fun things with the people I love the most.  It was fun to get texts, messages, and FB posts from friends and family wishing me a Happy Birthday.  It made me feel so loved!!  I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends and family that care about me so much!  I think this will be a great year!!!

No comments: