Sunday, September 15, 2013

September Week 1

We started off our September with Labor Day, and did very little labor.  We just did things around the house and then bbq'd some chicken that night.  Tuesday, we were back into school mode.  After school, Carson had scouts and I taught a few piano lessons.  For scouts, Carson hiked up Mueller Park canyon, but it was cut short because of a quick thunderstorm that rolled through.  Wednesday, I got the lawned mowed, had someone aerate the lawn, and after school I taught four more piano lessons.  During this whole week the two little kids were good about just hanging out while we tried to get everything done and the two older kids went to school and did homework and reading.  One evening, after Nick got home, he had taken the two babies on a walk in the wagon.  Since Alivia refuses to take naps, she is always falling asleep in the funniest places.  This is what I saw when they got back from their walk.
 Kaylee loves Kindergarten and carpools with Makenna.  So after lunch she will go outside and wait for her ride.
 
One night we had enchiladas for dinner and Alivia wasn't wanting to eat hers.  So I made her sit there longer hoping she would eventually eat.  The only thing she did was take a nap!
 Kaylee is getting so good at writing her name with a capital K and then all lowercase letters after that.  She seems to also have pretty good handwriting, so that is great!
 I had run 8 miles Saturday and 4 on Monday, but it wasn't until Tuesday night when I was making a late night walmart run that my leg started to hurt! (I like to go to the store without my kids so going after they are asleep is a good option!).  I got home and went to bed hoping it would go away by morning.  Wednesday morning I tried to run on my treadmill and it was too painful and I had to stop about a two minutes in.  I was supposed to run a 10K that saturday, so I called and made an appt for Thursday for the sports medicine doctor thinking that he may be able to help me feel better so I could run on Saturday.  I went to the dr on Thursday and after doing an ultrasound on my leg and an xray, they confirmed their suspicions that I had a stree fracture on my fibula.  That is the little bone on your leg below your knee.  Mine is on the outside side of my bone.  That explained the pain I have been having for months now.  It was just finally bad enough to be too painful to run.  So I got sent home with this beautiful boot.  I was told to wear it for 3 weeks and then if I can walk for three weeks without pain, I can start running again.  I was so bummed!  Not only because I missed the 10K, but I am not sure how my leg will be for the race I am supposed to do in October.  I got home and spent some time crying and pouting and made some brownies to help drown my sorrows.  It was a rough day!  A week and a half later, I am still wearing my boot and I am hoping I can start feeling better so I can get this boot off sooner than three weeks.

 On Friday (the 6th) Nick went straight from work to Garland to finish up the rest of the roof on the rental house.  I decided to make dinner fun that night and took the kids to Carl's Jr for dinner!  Mainly because I didn't want to cook or clean up!


Saturday, Nick worked five hours and I went for a bike ride after he got home around 10.  My dr said I could still ride my bike as long as it was a flat course.  It felt pretty good, so I think biking will be great to keep my cardio in shape!  Nick and I were able to go out on a date that night.  We went and ate at In-N-Out and then went and saw the movie "Austenland".  It was a funny chic flick that was pretty good.  I had read the book and so it was fun to see it as a movie!  Sunday, we went to church and the two hours of primary were spent practicing for the primary program that is coming up on Sept 22nd.  It was crazy having all of Junior and Senior primary together, but it sounded so great when they sang!  All in all, we survived the first week of September.

No comments: