Okay, so we didn't really raise the roof, but we did spend our weekend putting a new roof on one of our rental houses in Garland. It has needed a new roof for awhile so we finally found some time to go and get it done. Nick got all the supplies on Thursday on his way home from work and then headed up to Garland early Friday to get started on ripping the old shingles off the roof. After school was out, the kids and I headed up in the van and got there in time to make some spaghetti and corn for dinner. While I was peeling the corn, Livy and Preston enjoyed playing in Grandma's backyard. Preston specifically liked the rocks the best.
And he also likes Grandma's piano!
Nick worked really hard, and all by himself, and was able to get all the shingles off the roof so we could start roofing Saturday morning. I got up and started running by 6 AM so I could get in a long run before we needed to leave to go watch Chris run. I was able to run 8 miles, from my parents out to the Elwood cemetery and back. It was a little dark when I left but it was a great run! When I got back we quickly got everyone ready and left to go to Logan. My mom and I took the kids while Nick went and got started on roofing the house.
We went to Logan to go and watch Chris run a cross country race for UVU at Utah State. It was pretty fun!The kids though it was so exciting and loved cheering for Uncle Chris. He did such a great job and came in 5th overall. There were probably at least 25 runners there.
After he ran, we headed back to Tremonton and got a yummy hamburger lunch put together. Then Chris and I went to help Nick with the roof while Gpa and Carson took the load of old shingles to the dump and gma watched the little kids. Man it was a HOT day to be on a roof. But we got to work and with Chris and I there to help Nick, we were able to run two nail guns and we busted it out and got the whole roof done by dark. We had a few younger boys there helping and my dad helped after going to the dump. It was a great group effort which made it possible to get done. We had the yummiest pizza plus pizza for dinner and then finished off the night with some brownies to celebrate Gpa's bday that was earlier in the week.
It was a super long and hard weekend, but it was still a lot of fun. I am so grateful for such great family who is always willing to help us out! They are the best!














No comments:
Post a Comment