Saturday after I was done with my race, I quickly went home and got ready to leave again up to Syracuse. Two of my friends from HS are getting married (Finally!!) and they were having a Bridal Shower for them. I was so excited to see all of my old friends, it has been so long since seeing them. Most I saw at the 10 year HS Reunion but that was about 3 years ago. It was so great being able to catch up with them and find out what they are up to, where they are living, how many kids they have, and so on. It was such a delightful afternoon! I could have stayed for hours visiting, but I knew I needed to get back home and get some things taken care of since I still had a lot to do that day. But we enjoyed some lunch, played a few games, and talked and talked and talked! The theme was "time of your life" and my time was dinnertime. So I put together a basket of food to make the recipe for Taco Soup that is a favorite of ours. It was fun to see everyone else's times and gifts. Again, it was just a pleasant afternoon catching up with everyone. Everyone looked so great and it was fun to see that they were all very active in the church, which didn't surprise me since they were just as amazing and faithful in High School. I know that seems like a weird observation, but I have seen so many people that I went to HS with fall away from the church and it makes me sad. So I love to see that my friends are doing so well and are so happy! Here are some pictures from that day. The last group shot was taken by Julie's 5 year old little girl. We had her take several and at least one turned out, which is all we needed. :) So here is Haylie and Lisa, the brides to be!
Julie, Caylee, and Katie!Triscia, Sherri, Desi and myself.
Shayla, Haylie, and Lisa.
I seriously love these girls. It felt like we never left High School and we got along just like it was the good old days! Can't wait to get together again....maybe for Lisa and Haylie's baby showers?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment