So for as long as I have been married and attending the annual Bennett Reunion on Memorial Day weekend, I have heard about the Greenwood Triathlon that is held on Saturday Morning. So I signed up for it this year! It start in Fillmore at the pool. The swim is 500 yards, which means you swim up and down five lanes, twice. Then you get on your bike and take Cedar Mountain road from Fillmore to Holden which is 12 miles. That part took me about 37 minutes. Then you run just over 3 miles from the bike route to The Coates' house, who is the family that puts this all together every year. The run took me just over 27 minutes I think. It was a little different since you are running through a field or dirt road the whole time. It was great weather though and I was happy that I was able to complete it without having to stop during any of the events. The triathlon is not officially timed and it is very relaxed and fun. I heard there were 90 people total who competed. It was a great way to get in a workout that morning! Nick came along and helped me with my transitions and made sure to get my bike and give me a ride back home. He also was my photographer! Here are some pictures from the triathlon.
No comments:
Post a Comment