Thursday, December 20, 2012

Ward Christmas Party

Last Friday was a crazy busy and fun day!  I spent the morning cleaning bathrooms, doing laundry, stopped to pick up Carson from school, and getting stuff ready for the Ward Party that night.  We still managed to have some fun, and I had to take a few pictures of Kaylee playing with Preston and taking his picture.  He is such a cutie and is happy as long as someone is talking to him or paying attention to him.  Halfway through my day, I got a text from Nick asking if I had heard about the shooting at the school.  I hadn't, so I quickly pulled up KSL.com and learned about the Tragedy at Holbrook Elementary in Newton, CT.  My heart just sank and I started to cry.  26 people.....20 of them children.  20 of them only in 1st grade!!  What?!?!  How could this happen?  How could someone do this??  I just couldn't believe what I was reading.  It is all so sad, and every day since I have thought about those children and their families that will be so sad on Christmas morning when the presents they bought for those children sit unopened.  It is hard to even fathom the grief they are feeling.  One of the little girls, Emilie Parker, is from Ogden.  Her family had just moved there last year.  Her funeral is this Saturday, in Ogden.  They were members of the church, and it does give me comfort that they at least know the plan of salvation and that we are eternal families, but it is still so sad!  I asked Nick how Heavenly Father could allow this too happen, but then after much discussion realize that every one has free agency, and so many miracles did happen that day that probably saved many more lives and I know that Heavenly Father was with those children and they are not suffering now and they are living very happily with our Father in Heaven.  It is still so sad and when I picked up Carson from school that day I got out and gave him a hug before letting him get in the van.  And I have tried very hard to give all of my kids extra love and hugs...you just never know what might happen.  Anyway...that was quite a damper on the day, but we still had lots to do and so we continued on with life as best as possible.  I took Kaylee to dance and ran a few errands before coming home and getting everyone ready for the Ward Christmas Party that night.  Since Nick is 2nd Counselor in the Sunday School Presidency, he was assigned to be in charge of the Program part of the party.  With my help, we did a Sing-A-Long, after dinner and after some of the kids in our ward, Carson included, played Christmas songs on the piano.  Then, after the sing-a-long, the Primary did the Nativity Scene, to the Nativity Song.  It was cute.  Carson was a shepherd and Kaylee, an Angel.  Here are pictures of all the fun!    





No comments: