Saturday, November 20, 2010

Last days at Sea....

We enjoyed sleeping in until 10 on Friday morning....having a late breakfast....and laying by the pool....then enjoyed a late lunch and more cookies and milk for a snack.
Other than it being a bit windy, the weather again was sunny and warm!
After lunch we enjoyed watching the Newlywed Game in the Crystal Lounge. They used four couples from the audience, and it was hilarious! Everyone was laughing so hard! I wish I would have taken more pictures of our day, but it was so relaxing and enjoyable that I just didn't think about it....or anything else!
That night we had our last dinner in the grand restaurant. We found our friends from our table at the bar enjoying some music and drinks before going to dinner. So we hung out with them for awhile and enjoyed watching them dance to the jazz band that was playing. We had dressed up that night for dinner as well, since it was our last night on the ship. It was so fun playing dress up all week, and getting a romantic and fancy date night with my husband all week. It was seriously heaven!
After dinner, we changed back into some comfortable clothes to watch the last show put on by the Celebrity dancers and singers. It was called "Liverpool Knights" and was a show about the Beatles. It was a lot of their songs and it was pretty good. Then afterwards we stayed for show put on by the cruise director Sue Denning. She was great!!!!
We had fun sitting around not only our dinner friends Andy and Barb....
But also our friends Dale & Tracy.
Evelyn and Dale sat in front of us, and even bought me a sprite! We hadn't bought a drink or anything that costs extra all week, but the last night I was really craving a sprite, so I was curious to see how expensive they were, and since Evelyn had a drink package they bought one and gave it to me. Wasn't that so nice of them! Seriously, all the people we met on the cruise and excursions were great!
We stayed up super late Friday night and ordered room service, which is free on a cruise, at 1 AM. We ordered cookies and milk and hot cocoas. Now I can officially say we ordered room service! We stayed up really late but had to get up early and be ready to disembark by 9 AM. So we got up early and ate breakfast for the last time. They had the best little waffles with yummy fruit topping. That was my favorite for breakfast!
The buffet was HUGE....it had two sides to it and it had almost anything you could want to eat available! I was really going to miss that about the cruise!
We made it off the ship and through customs by 10 and then a bus took us back to the Ft Lauderdale Airport where we had to wait for 4 hours since our flight didn't leave until 2:55 PM. So we found a spot to sit and read and play a game of blokus.
We finally made it on our flight and started our journey back home to reality!
It was a great week that neither of us will ever forget. It was so fun to get to spend a week like this with my husband and reconnect and find that spark that is sometimes hard to remember after 10 years of marriage and dealing with real life stuff! But even though we had a blast, we missed our kids extremely bad! We called them Monday afternoon as we left Miami and then called them again when we got to Mexico. Even though it was only an 8 minute call, it made my day to hear that they were doing so well with Grandma Karen. This trip helped us realize how much we both love those two and by the time we got to JFK airport in NYC to make our connection flight, I was SO ready to just get home so I could give them hugs and kisses! It seemed like the longest flight ever! Luckily, our flight landed around 9:45 which was an early arrival and my mom came and picked us up while our neighbor Tara sat with the kids, who were in bed. When we got home, I went into Carson's room and kissed him on the head. He looked SO big laying in his bed....I felt like he must have grown a foot while we were gone! I snuck into Kaylee's room for a quick peak and kiss as well. A few minutes later after getting some stuff out of the van and heading for bed I saw Carson's little head poke around the corner of his bedroom door and I was actually happy that he was awake so I could give him BIG hugs and talk with him. So he came out and gave us both big hugs and I could tell he was really excited to see us. On Sunday morning, after Carson & Kaylee got out of bed, we all snuggled in our big bed and talked about their week and how much we missed them. It was a busy day of church, meeting, choir practice, and of course laundry so we would have something to wear the next day! But the best part of our Sunday was snuggling with the kids and just being with them. We can't wait to do another cruise, but we may have to bring the kids with us next time!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

After hearing your cruise story and remembering my parents story, I've GOT to get us on a cruise here soon! How fun! I'm so glad you were able to relax and put the spark back into your marriage. We definitely need to make more time to do that! :)