Monday, June 1, 2009

My little brother....has graduated!!!

I can't believe that it is here. My little brother, Chris, is the youngest in our family and has graduated from Bear River High School! I graduated 10 years ago...and thought it would be an eternity before Chris would be graduating!! But here it is!! When I graduated, we just had our graduation in the gym....but they held the graduation at the Spectrum in Logan at USU. It was nice. We were able to leave Carson & Kaylee with a sitter at my moms, so we were able to really enjoy our evening seeing Chris graduate!

I can't believe he is old enough to be done with High School. He has a full scholarship to UVU this fall as a runner. He is pretty excited!!! He also is going to Europe next week for a senior trip with the French Club...which he isn't even a member of, but is really good friends with the teacher's son. So I guess that counts for something!!

My two sisters came in from Boise & Reno to see him graduate. It was a quick trip but it was super fun to see them and their family!

OH....so funny story....at the spectrum, the lobby has a wall of windows you can look out of, from a balcony. So my sister and I were standing there waiting and decided to pose for some pictures. Afterwards, we turned around and looked below at all the people outside taking pictures and talking. We recognized a family we knew, and then noticed the mom was trying to say something to us....it looked like she was saying....UP YOURS!! UP YOURS!! Then we both realized she was trying to tell me that they could see UP my skirt!! Yikes!!! Talk about embarrassing!!!
We love you Chris!!!!

We wanted to go get some ColdStone Icecream afterwards, but the place was packed so we settled for a wendy's frosty (you can now get them with mixin's...I had oreo's...yum!). It was a great evening!!! I still can't believe it has been 10 years since I graduated...which means I have a 10 year reunion this summer. It is actually in a few weeks, and I am planning on going. I missed my 5 year, but I am looking forward to the 10 year! Crazy!!! We are so proud of you Chris!!!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

That's exciting! It's hard to believe he was just little running around when you and I first became friends! My how time flies!

Jana Banana said...

Congrats Chris! You are awesome!