I am so proud of Carson. On Friday, he told Nick he wanted to take his training wheels of his small bike, so Nick did. He would go a few feet before falling over, so I recommended taking off his training wheels on his big bike, since he wouldn't have to peddle so fast. At first he was a little reluctant, but then he tried it once, and realized how much easier it was on the big bike. Before we knew it he was going quite far before falling over or stopping. On Sunday evening, we decided to try it again, so we headed around the block. We noticed that he would go further on the street than the sidewalk, since it is a larger space. He did amazing, and would stop and tip over every so often, probably because he didn't realize he can just keep going! He had two falls that were pretty rough, but thank goodness for helmets!! The last crash happened about 3 houses from our house, and he fell pretty good since he was going pretty fast. He scrapped his elbow pretty good on that one! And we walked home from that injury...but I am so proud of him from not quitting and getting back on his bike! I think it will be a fun summer!!!!
(Nick was pushing Kaylee in the stroller, chasing after us and taking pictures, and helping Carson get started on the bike each time....what a good dad!!)


5 comments:
Way to go Carson! Thank goodness for bandaids!
I can't believe it, that is awesome! Carson is so brave, and he is still 3!!! Wow!
I was pretty suprised when I saw you guys ride by and he had no training wheels. That is really cool!
He's a brave boy. I LOVE the mountains in the background, by the way. Miss them, miss them.
Hurray for Carson! That's exciting. We're trying to get Leah to get up the nerve to ride without training wheels. What size of bike is he riding? We aren't sure if we should put her on a 12" bike to learn or a 16" bike. Did you just do the old run behind the bike and hold his seat trick?
Post a Comment