Yes, we had a VERY busy week! On Monday, Carson started swimming lessons at the rec center in Bountiful. He is in Level 2, since he took lessons last year. He dived right into the lessons with tons of excitement this year. Last year it took him a few days to get the concept of swimming lessons, but this year he was much different. There are 4 kids in his group and his teacher is Jessica. She is SUPER nice and does a great job! The only thing that makes lessons hard is that they are at 9 AM. So we have to be out of the house by 8:40 to get there in plenty of time. So I woke up at 7 AM every morning so I could work out, do some real estate work, and get the kids out of bed in time to get ready to go. I know to most people, 7 AM isn't that early, but it is still early for us! But I might try and continue getting up before the kids get up, just so I can get more work done, so I don't have to do it while they are awake! On Friday, Nick had the day off, so we both went to Carson's swim lessons, which made it possible for me to REMEMBER to take the camera to take some pictures of Carson swimming. Here are just a few from that day:

On Monday evening, we headed off to Lagoon for a few hours for
FHE. We love having our season passes. It makes it easy to go for just a few hours and then leave and not feel like we are wasting our money.
Tuesday, after swim lessons and lunch, the kids and I headed up to Ogden to go to a baby shower for Aunt Nana. It was fun to see the cute things she got and to spend time with them. On Wednesday, things had dried up long enough for us to finally plant the bushes and plants in our new beds in the front yard. Nick has done a great job! Now we just need to wait for them to grow a bit bigger and fill up the bush beds!


Carson, like normal, was the biggest helper with our bushes. He loved to water them after they were planted...and sometimes BEFORE they were planted! :)

I think Carson just likes any excuse to play with the water, and Kaylee is the same way. They would both spend hours outside playing in the water and bikes if I let them!

Thursday we went to Lagoon again since Nick got home from work early that day. The highlight of the week though was probably the Father & Son's
campout that our ward had on Friday night. Nick and Carson got all packed up and were both excited to head to the Monte
Cristo campground for a night of good old camping...tent and all!! Our good friends Ike and Luke rode up with Nick and Carson to the
campout. I think both of the little boys were super excited to go! This is them getting all packed up before they left.

I gave Nick a camera to take with him and asked him to at least take a few pictures, but in case he didn't I made them take this picture before they all left.

I was impressed that he actually took some pictures. It was fun to see what was on the camera. He only had the camera out for a bit, but it was better than nothing. They got up to the camp by 8, and got the tent set up and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. They used fudge graham cookies to make their
smore's, which is pretty clever! This morning, after breakfast, they launch water rockets. Carson had a blast with it! He was super quick to refill the bottles once they had been launched, and from what Nick said, Carson launched more rockets than anyone else up there!



Nick also said they got a pretty good spot for their tent. If you look close you can see Carson's little chair outside the door! So Cute! Carson slept pretty good last night, once he climbed into the sleeping bag with Nick!

They got home today right after lunch time. Kaylee and I met them up at the
Yospe's as they were unpacking, and when Carson saw us walking up the street, he ran all the way down and gave me a BIG hug! (I think he might of missed me a bit!) So where was I last night?? Well, since a few of us gals in the ward didn't have husbands we got together for dinner, worked on some
photoshop, and just hung out and ate yummy grapes and 7 layer dip! We all had our little babies with us, but put them all to bed early, but by midnight I left to go to bed, but I guess the other girls stayed up until 3 AM! I guess they were having too much fun! Thanks again Jana and Ashley for the fun! It was so nice though this morning....after getting up so early all week, I slept in until almost 9, since Kaylee didn't wake up until then. It felt SO good!!! Speaking of Kaylee....I just have to share this cute picture of her. She is finally getting hair thick enough, that I was able to get this bow clipped in her hair. As long as she doesn't pull it out herself, it stays put pretty well! Soon she may have enough hair for a pony tail!

Tonight, we dropped our kids off with Matt & Nat, and went to dinner for a date night. It was fun but I ate WAY too much food. Darn that Texas Roadhouse for having such yummy food! Well, that was our week! Busy, but very FUN!!! I am glad tomorrow is Sunday, the day of rest!
4 comments:
Wow, you've been super busy! Sounds like a lot of fun though. :) We need to plan a get together soon. I miss you.
It was a busy week, with lots of fun stuff!! I noticed Kaylee's red hair clip today at church, she looked so cute! I loved her cherry dress she wore too!!
Sounds like a pretty good week. BTW -- we'd love for you to come visit us. I assume if it's an anniversary trip it will be without the kids?
Sounds like a pretty good week. BTW -- we'd love for you to come visit us. I assume if it's an anniversary trip it will be without the kids?
Post a Comment