Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

This post is a few days late, but it has been a busy week! After we got home on Sunday evening, I woke up early for the WX Memorial Day 5K, and then our family headed up to Ogden to help Matt & Nat put new siding on their home. My dad, mom, and brother, Chris, also were there to help. Matt had gotten the front of the house done, and we were trying to get the rest finished. After lunch, my kids, mom, dad, and I took a quick trip up to Morgan to visit my Grandpa & Grandma Brower's and Aunt Artis' grave. I don't think Carson & Kaylee have actually been to a cemetery before this weekend. I was good to go there, it had been quite a few years since I had been up there.


We got quite a bit accomplished on Matt & Nat's house. I helped by cutting the siding...which doesn't sound hard....but some of those angles can be a bit tricky!! My arms got quite the work out from doing it too!!!

Kaylee had fun just walking and playing around the yard. Carson also had fun....he was such a good little worker. He helped pick up the old siding and Styrofoam. They both did great!!
Here is cute prego Natalie!!!! She is like 22 weeks and it doesn't even look like it!!! And she was right there working harder than everyone else!!!

We grilled yummy burgers and hot dogs! They hit the spot!!! Thanks guys!!
Grandma had given Carson & Kaylee goldfish to eat...but I think Kaylee enjoyed feeding them to grandma more than feeding herself!!!

By the time we got home it was quite late...and the kids had just gotten completely worn out....
It made it really easy to put them to bed....except we had to give both of them a bath first....but it didn't take much to put them right back to sleep! It was definitely a full and productive weekend with both of our families!!!! It was just really good to be with everyone!!! Matt & Nat's house looks fantastic!!! And we made some great memories!

No comments: